Jonathan M. Martone
Jonathan M. Martone guides business and entrepreneurial clients through day-to-day business and operational needs and resolves complex legal challenges facing individuals and businesses.
As an entrepreneur himself co-founding and owning a men’s clothing company, Jonathan employs his legal and real-world experience in regularly counseling businesses with respect to a wide array of business matters, acting as “general counsel” for several clients on an ongoing basis. Jonathan has significant experience advising and assisting clients with day-to-day business and operational needs, such as contract drafting and negotiation, corporate formation, employment issues, real estate issues, intellectual property, and liability deterrence issues. Jonathan coordinates companies’ national litigation, working with local counsel throughout the United States to successfully prosecute and defend a wide array of legal matters.
Jonathan successfully represents businesses and individuals alike in all areas of business and commercial litigation, including commercial contract and warranty actions, real estate, zoning, and landlord/tenant disputes, shareholder disputes, healthcare law controversies, and municipal/education law litigation. Jonathan routinely appears in courts throughout the entire state of Michigan, at both the state and federal level. Jonathan is also certified by the Michigan State Court Administrative Office as a Civil Facilitated Mediator and has extensive experience in alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
Probate, Trust, and Estate Counseling and Litigation
Jonathan has significant experience counseling and representing fiduciaries and interested parties in a wide range of probate, trust, and estate matters, including high-net-worth trusts and estates. Employing skilled, yet practical, approaches to complex legal problems, Jonathan effectively resolves breach of fiduciary duty and undue influence challenges brought both on behalf of and against trustees and other fiduciaries.
Criminal Defense Litigation
Jonathan has successfully defended hundreds of misdemeanor and felony matters, both in state and federal court, involving a broad spectrum of criminal defense matters.
Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Star (2013-2021), Closely Held Business (2021)
Oakland County Bar Association Bonnie Beutler Outstanding New Lawyer Award (2018)
Top 10 Under 40 Attorney Award by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2015
Italian American Bar Association of Michigan, President
New Lawyers Section of Oakland County Bar Association, Past-President
Oakland County Bar Foundation, Fellow
State Bar of Michigan, Member
Detroit Garment Group (a 501(c)(3) nonprofit), Past-Board of Directors and Treasurer
State Bar Licenses
- Skillnet Solutions, Inc v Entertainment Publications, LLC, 2012 US Dist. LEXIS 172367 (E.D. Mich.)
- “For Me? You Shouldn’t Have! Legal Considerations for Gifting” by Thomas Fabbri, Mallory Kallabat, Jonathan Martone, Nicholas Papisafakis for JD Supra, August 2017
- “She Did What With the Family Farm? Top Ways to Challenge a Deed in Michigan” by Thomas Fabbri, Mallory Kallabat, Jonathan Martone, and Nicholas Papasifakis for JD Supra, June 2017
- “A Guide To: Challenging a Financial Durable Power of Attorney in Michigan” by Thomas Fabbri, Mallory Kallabat, Jonathan Martone, and Nicholas Papasifakis for JD Supra, April 2017
- “A Guide for Challenging a Joint Account Arrangement” by Thomas Fabbri, Mallory Kallabat, Jonathan Martone, and Nicholas Papasifakis for JD Supra, March 2017
- “A Guide To: How to Challenge a Trust in Michigan” by Thomas Fabbri, Mallory Kallabat, Jonathan Martone, and Nicholas Papasifakis for JD Supra, February 2017
- “A Guide To: How to Challenge a Will in Michigan” by Thomas Fabbri, Mallory Kallabat, Jonathan Martone, Nicholas Papasifakis for JD Supra, January 2017