Frank Catalano defends consumer financial services and insurance clients in state and federal courts throughout Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. He also litigates commercial disputes, liability cases, and claims involving deceptive trade practices and fair debt collection.
Frank handles a variety of commercial litigation matters including mortgage/wrongful foreclosure, consumer liability, commercial disputes, transportation liability, construction liability, products liability, premises liability, and insurance defense. He also defends major banks in disputes in the automotive finance and credit card arenas.
Named among The Best Lawyers in America® for Commercial Litigation (2021-2023)
Named among The Best Lawyers in America® for Product Liability Litigation – Defendants by Best Lawyers (2023)
Named among Rising Stars by Super Lawyers (2016– 2017)
Received Best Case Note Award by Hon. Ivan L.R. Lemelle, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana (2006-2007)
American Bar Association
State Bar Licenses
- Litigates cases through trial involving alleged violations of the CFPB, ECOA, FDCPA, FCRA, RESPA, TILA, SCRA, TDCA, TCPA, Dodd-Frank, GSE/FHA and DTPA
- Litigates cases through trial involving premises liability, transportation liability, construction liability, products liability and deceptive trade practices acts
- Completed a secondment at a major national bank, handling a broad range of multistate mortgage and lending litigation and regulatory issues at the state and federal levels.
- Chapter 17 of the State Bar of Texas’s 17th annual issue of Advanced Consumer and Commercial Law, pertaining to the current state of TCPA related litigation following the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in Facebook, Inc. v. Duiguid (October 2021)
- Issue of Alabama Bankers Association’s Board Briefs publication related to permissible uses of credit reports under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) (September 2021)
- “In Good Faith: A Title Insurer’s Right to Prosecute Prior to Payment,” American Bar Association, Tort, Trial & Insurance Practice Committee News (Summer 2012)