Edward J. HoodEdward Hood Clark Hill
Edward J. Hood
Edward Hood represents businesses and individuals in construction and commercial cases in courts and arbitrations nationally.
In his construction practice, Ed represents owners, general and sub- contractors, design professionals, and engineers. Ed’s commercial practice includes business counseling and litigation of contracts, governance laws, and related claims. As part of his litigation practice, Ed acts as a mediator and arbitrator in business, construction, and professional liability matters.
Ed also serves as Clark Hill’s General Counsel. In that role, he represents the law firm and its attorneys in outside legal matters and provides advice on professional ethics and risk management issues.
- Lead counsel for global integrated steel producer in arbitration against supplier of iron ore regarding pricing and environmental issues
- Lead counsel in several corporate governance, fiduciary duty and shareholder rights actions in Michigan courts
- Lead counsel for trucking company in defense of significant personal injury claim, including alleged traumatic brain injury
- Lead and local counsel for international food franchisor in various civil litigation
- Lead counsel for global integrated steel producer in arbitration against supplier of pulverized coal regarding supply reliability and pricing issues
- Lead counsel for receiver in SEC civil enforcement action against a Ponzi-scheme operator and ancillary fraudulent transfer and securities fraud actions
- Lead counsel for global integrated steel producer in arbitration against coke supplier regarding product quality issues
- Lead counsel for municipality in defense of claim for cost overruns on water/sewer project
- Lead counsel for global integrated steel producer in class action lawsuits claiming environmental nuisance and related air quality claims
- Lead counsel for subcontractor in asserting change and cost overrun claim on oil refinery project
- Lead counsel for Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in declaratory judgment action against director and officer liability policy insurer
- Lead counsel for bankruptcy trustee in adversary proceedings against principal of Tier-1 automotive supplier
- Lead counsel for general contractor in asserting delay, disruption and cost overrun claims on natural gas process and distribution facility project