Courtney Jones KiefferCourtney Jones Kieffer Clark Hill
Courtney Jones Kieffer
Courtney Jones Kieffer provides advice and counsel to clients regarding business disputes with a focus on e-discovery, complex litigation, and environmental counseling and litigation.
Courtney is part of Clark Hill Strasburger's Consumer Data, Privacy & Security team. She assists clients with managing their information, from data retention, to e-discovery compliance, to data destruction.
Regarding complex litigation, Courtney has handled multi-district litigation (MDL) and multi-party litigation. She has significant experience with e-discovery and has advised clients regarding document management and retention issues. In the environmental field, Courtney has particular experience in regulatory compliance and environmental business transactions, as well as in matters of civil enforcement, toxic tort, and property damage claims. She works with clients regarding multi-state matters involving underground storage tank systems, including gasoline releases, property remediation, and regulatory compliance.
Courtney currently serves as the Co-Chair of Clark Hill StrasburgerBOLD - Dallas, the firm's strategy to promote women within the firm, the legal profession, and the business community.
- Successfully managed complex cross-jurisdictional discovery docket for electric transmission company seeking numerous local, state, and federal approvals of merger transactions, to ensure extensive discovery was answered accurately, consistently, and timely. Included coordination with outside legal counsel, in-house legal counsel, various client personnel, experts, and representatives of third parties involved with mergers.
- Defended gasoline retailer in products liability multi-district litigation (MDL) involving numerous jurisdictions and parties. Advised client on complex e-discovery and document management issues that arose in the context of the litigation.
- Advises clients regarding data management, retention, and destruction policies.
- Coordinated multi-state docket foræfinancial institution client, including streamlining case management and ensuring appropriate client satisfaction.
- Negotiated numerous agreements for access to properties in proximity of environmental releases to facilitate clean-ups.
- Negotiated successful settlement of litigation alleging personal injury and property damage arising out of release of gasoline from underground storage tank.
- Regularly advises clients regarding environmental liability provisions in various real estate transactions.
- Drafting Team Member, The Sedona Conference Commentary on Information Governance, Second Edition (April 2019)