Clodagh MacNamaraClodagh MacNamara Clark Hill
Clodagh MacNamara is a Partner in the Corporate Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice in the Dublin office.
Clodagh has advised some of the most high-profile NAMA debtors and corporate entities and has been involved in complex litigation matters in the Commercial Court, Bankruptcy Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. She has also advised on complex multi-million Euro restructuring matters with cross-border issues. Clodagh also has experience working on large renewable energy projects.
Clodagh obtained an Honours Bachelor of Civil Law and Irish (BCL GA) from University College Cork in 2006 and is a fluent Irish speaker. She is a qualified Personal Insolvency Practitioner with the Law Society of Ireland.
Clodagh is a member of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association, Law Society of Ireland, Dublin Chamber of Commerce and the Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners.
Commercial Litigation / General Litigation:
- Specialising in Commercial Litigation, advising on a wide range of contractual disputes, investment disputes, debt related issues and guarantees;
- Experience in all Courts, namely District, Circuit, High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court;
- Extensive experience in drafting Pleadings and conducting large-scale Discovery;
- Experience in acting for both Plaintiff and Defendant.
Personal Insolvency and Bankruptcy and Cross-Border Bankruptcy:
- Experienced in drafting Petitions and advising the Official Assignee in Bankruptcy in relation to all aspects of self-adjudication and creditor adjudication together with the various related actions that have to be taken in respect thereof, namely Bankruptcy Extension Applications, Applications regarding the Principal Private Applications pursuant to Section 57, Section 59 of the Bankruptcy Act, 1988 and the Statute of Frauds Fraudulent Transfer of Assets;
- Provides expert advice to clients in relation to personal debt and restructuring options;
- Experienced in fastidiously compiling Schemes of Arrangement and all Court Applications associated therein;
- Attends the Bankruptcy List on a weekly basis, resulting in a comprehensive knowledge of this Court and the requirements and tendencies therein.
Restructuring and Advisory:
- Advising debtors in relation to their liabilities to the various financial institutions and NAMA;
- Analysing Accounts, Guarantees and Statements of Affairs and drafting detailed restructuring proposals to the relevant financial institutions on their behalf;
- Experience of reviewing security documentation and involvement in Debt Purchase Agreements and reviewing and drafting same.
- Experience advising insolvency practitioners / directors in relation to members’ voluntary liquidation and creditors’ voluntary liquidation;
- Contractual – advising in relation to both Court and Deed Appointed Receivers;
- Detailed experience in dealing with Examinerships and representing both the Examiner and Directors of companies and adhering to stringent timeframes;
- Advising Liquidators on their statutory duties, priorities in winding up, remedies, restriction and disqualification orders.