Clifford Bowie HustedClifford Bowie Husted Clark Hill
Clifford Bowie Husted
Cliff Husted is a trial attorney who represents Fortune 500 companies, privately-held businesses, entrepreneurs, and individuals in complex commercial disputes and serious injury and death cases.
Cliffs’ experience covers a broad range of industries including manufacturing, energy, logistics and transportation, financial services, construction, health care, and franchising and licensing. Cliff’s experience is multifaceted and ranges from resolving disputes without litigation to representing clients in trial and arbitration and appeal when necessary. He has tried numerous cases to verdict in state and federal courts. His litigation experience involves contract disputes, business torts, intellectual property matters, products liability matters, negligence, and fiduciary duty claims.
- Successfully represented product manufacturer in obtaining a defense jury verdict in a product liability action in the State District Court in Montgomery County, Texas. Roman v. Cuprum S.A. de C.V.
- Successfully represented manufacturer of process control instrumentation in obtaining a Summary Judgment on patent infringement claims in the US District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Fisher-Rosemount Systems, Inc. v. Control Systems International, Inc.
- Obtain dismissal of multiple valve manufactures in a catastrophic multiple fatality accident at natural gas facility in the US District Court – Houston. Javier Alvarez del Castillo, et al. v. Rotork Controls.
- Successfully represented financial institution in obtaining a judgment for trademark violations in State District County in Harris County, Texas. Amegy Bank National Association v. Bhattacharjee.
- Successfully represented product manufacturer in obtaining an unanimous defense jury verdict in a product liability action in the US District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Hodge v. Louisville Ladder, Inc.
- Successfully represented financial institution in a bench trial and obtained a judgment on its counterclaim in state District Court in Harris County, Texas. Mary Margaret Wilson vs. Citicorp Mortgage, Inc.
- Court appointed counsel in Civil Rights jury trial in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Mitchell Pitre v. Charles James and Timothy Skeide.
- Obtained dismissal of French energy company in a refinery accident matter in State District County in Harris County, Texas. Stephen Baldwin and Vicky Baldwin v. SPIE Oil & Gas Services Pty. Ltd.
- Obtained injunction for hospital preventing the Department of Health & Human Services from changing the legal status of the hospital that would have resulted in the closure of the hospital. Kingsland Hospital, LP v. Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of the United States Department of Health & Human Services.
In addition to his trial practice, Cliff maintains an active appellate practice.
- Van Velzer v. Amegy Bank, 713 Fed. Appx. 377 (5th Cir. 2018)
- Rainier DSC 1, L.L.C. v. Rainer Capital Mgmt., L.P., 828 F.3d 356 (5th Cir. 2016)
- Bravo Express Corp. v. Total Petrochemicals & Ref. USA, Inc., 613 Fed. Appx 319 (5th Cir. 2015)
- Roman v. Cuprum S.A. de C.V., 2012 Tex. App. LEXIS 2553 (Tex. App—Corpus Christi 2012)
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine v. Memorial Hermann Healthcare System, Inc., 285 S.W.3d 35 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 2009, no pet.)
- City of Houston v. Houston Firefighters’ Relief and Retirement Fund, 196 S.W.3d 271 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st. Dist.] 2006, no pet.)
- Williams v. Houston Firefighters’ Relief and Retirement Fund, 121 S.W.3d 415 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 2003, no pet.)