Clifford Bowie HustedClifford Bowie Husted Clark Hill
Clifford Bowie Husted
Cliff Husted is a trial attorney in Clark Hill Strasburger’s Houston office. Cliff represents both plaintiffs and defendants from Fortune 500 companies to privately-held businesses with a focus on commercial disputes, business torts, financial institution litigation, intellectual property disputes, franchise disputes, and serious injury/death product cases.
Cliff has extensive courtroom experience in state and federal courts. He has handled multiple jury trials and appeals. Prior to joining Clark Hill Strasburger in 1998, Cliff served as the Briefing Attorney to Justice Davie L. Wilson for the Court of Appeals for the First District of Texas.
Cliff's representative litigation experience includes:
- Successfully represented product manufacturer in obtaining a defense jury verdict in a product liability action in the State District Court in Montgomery County, Texas. Roman v. Cuprum S.A. de C.V.
- Successfully represented manufacturer of process control instrumentation in obtaining a Summary Judgment on patent infringement claims in the US District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Fisher-Rosemount Systems, Inc. v. Control Systems International, Inc.
- Obtain dismissal of multiple valve manufactures in a catastrophic multiple fatality accident at natural gas facility in the US District Court – Houston. Javier Alvarez del Castillo, et al. v. Rotork Controls.
- Successfully represented financial institution in obtaining a judgment for trademark violations in State District County in Harris County, Texas. Amegy Bank National Association v. Bhattacharjee.
- Successfully represented product manufacturer in obtaining an unanimous defense jury verdict in a product liability action in the US District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Hodge v. Louisville Ladder, Inc.
- Successfully represented financial institution in a bench trial and obtained a judgment on its counterclaim in state District Court in Harris County, Texas. Mary Margaret Wilson vs. Citicorp Mortgage, Inc.
- Court appointed counsel in Civil Rights jury trial in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Mitchell Pitre v. Charles James and Timothy Skeide.
- Obtained dismissal of French energy company in a refinery accident matter in State District County in Harris County, Texas. Stephen Baldwin and Vicky Baldwin v. SPIE Oil & Gas Services Pty. Ltd.
- Obtained injunction for hospital preventing the Department of Health & Human Services from changing the legal status of the hospital that would have resulted in the closure of the hospital. Kingsland Hospital, LP v. Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of the United States Department of Health & Human Services.
In addition to his trial practice, Cliff maintains an active appellate practice.
- Van Velzer v. Amegy Bank, 713 Fed. Appx. 377 (5th Cir. 2018)
- Rainier DSC 1, L.L.C. v. Rainer Capital Mgmt., L.P., 828 F.3d 356 (5th Cir. 2016)
- Bravo Express Corp. v. Total Petrochemicals & Ref. USA, Inc., 613 Fed. Appx 319 (5th Cir. 2015)
- Roman v. Cuprum S.A. de C.V., 2012 Tex. App. LEXIS 2553 (Tex. App—Corpus Christi 2012)
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine v. Memorial Hermann Healthcare System, Inc., 285 S.W.3d 35 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 2009, no pet.)
- City of Houston v. Houston Firefighters’ Relief and Retirement Fund, 196 S.W.3d 271 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st. Dist.] 2006, no pet.)
- Williams v. Houston Firefighters’ Relief and Retirement Fund, 121 S.W.3d 415 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 2003, no pet.)
- Co-author. Franchise Update, SMU Law Review (Summer 2001)
- Enforcement of Franchise Agreement Forum Selection Clauses in Texas, Dallas Bar Association Franchise & Distribution Section (October 2000)
- Co-editor. The Citadel Revisited: Strict Tort Liability and the Policy of Law by William A. Worthingtom, 36 S. Texas Law Review 227 (1995)