Alex M. Lonnett
Alex M. Lonnett is a trial attorney who represents a diverse group of clients in state and federal court and other administrative proceedings.
Alex has represented manufacturers, retailers, banks, builders, governmental/municipal entities, and individuals in litigation involving commercial disputes, traumatic injuries and death, and consumer protection issues. Through this representation, Alex has gained familiarity with all stages of the litigation process and considerable courtroom experience. He regularly appears before courts and administrative tribunals of all levels to zealously advocate on behalf of his clients.
Alex understands that the goals and needs of every client are different and creatively works to achieve the desired outcome—either in or out of court. Alex has considerable experience in alternative dispute resolution and has negotiated numerous favorable settlements on behalf of his clients.
In addition to his role as an advocate, Alex also advises clients on risk mitigation/avoidance and regulatory compliance.
Trial Advocacy Award, University of Pittsburgh, School of Law, 2017
Eagle Scout, Class of 2008
Allegheny County Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
State Bar Licenses
- Obtained a defense arbitration verdict on behalf of a convention center authority in a premises liability action.
- Obtained a defense arbitration verdict on behalf of a restaurant in a premises liability action.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a shopping center in a premises liability action.
- Obtained the dismissal of civil conspiracy claims in a lawsuit involving property damage and a contractual dispute.
- Successfully defended a landlord in a lawsuit involving injuries to a tenant following an attack by another tenant.