The federal government, at all levels, is a major procurer of every conceivable good and service, from office supplies to software and IT services to the construction of public buildings to complex manufacturing for advanced defense systems.
For many businesses, selling these goods and services to the Government presents them with tremendous opportunities but also with significant challenges and risks.
Before joining Clark Hill, many of our government contract professionals had distinguished careers within the Federal Government, including senior positions with the Army Corps of Engineers, the U.S. Departments of State, Treasury, Interior, Justice, and Energy, as well as the Environmental Protection Agency and the Small Business Administration. As a result, our government contracting attorneys have developed and maintained longstanding relationships with numerous government officials at all levels. Because we understand how the government works and we understand the government’s many needs, we can be very effective working on behalf of our clients’ federal business objectives.
Our government contracts professionals represent large established players as well as small, emerging companies and organizations in many industries:
- Construction general contractors and subcontractors
- Energy and environmental engineering
- Health care
- Information technology providers
- Professional services
- Transportation and logistics
We represent these firms in every aspect of the Government procurement process and at every phase of the federal acquisition life cycle:
Solicitation & RFP:
- Teaming arrangements
- Strategic alliances
- Small Business & Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Compliance
- Regulatory & legislative counseling
- Commercial item contracts & GSA schedules
- Bid protests
Performance & Compliance:
- Cost accounting & cost allowability
- Export controls, FCPA, Buy America Act, and Trade Agreement Act
- Employment issues in government contracting
- Intellectual property rights and protection of contractor trade secrets
- Ethics advice, compliance audits, and plans
- Iraq and Afghanistan reconstruction
Claims, Disputes & Terminations:
- Requests for equitable adjustment, claims, and contract restructuring
- Government contracts dispute litigation
- Suspension and debarment
- Terminations: disputes and settlements
- Contract novation
We have a national government contracts practice with attorneys and other professionals in several states and Washington, D.C. Our group often works in tandem with attorneys in other practice groups, including members of the Construction, Corporate, and Labor and Employment practice groups, to address transactional matters and program compliance issues in a wide variety of industry segments.