Clark Hill’s bipartisan Political Law team has direct experience with federal and state campaign finance and election laws, lobbying compliance, and government ethics.
The scope of our practice ranges from providing legal and crisis management counsel on sensitive and confidential legal subjects, to assisting in setting up political campaigns, providing ongoing strategic advice, and implementing comprehensive compliance programs for campaigns, super PACs and leadership PACs, political party committees, corporations, nonprofits, and trade associations.
Our team members have served as elected officials and staff in the executive and legislative branches of federal, state, and local governments, as well as senior roles in political campaigns and political parties.
Our Experience Includes:
- Representation of clients before administrative agencies, such as the Federal Election Commission and its state equivalents, the Federal Communications Commission, and the Internal Revenue Service, and with criminal law enforcement authorities, such as the Department of Justice.
- Representation of corporations and trade associations with respect to federal Lobby Disclosure Act filings and Congressional ethics and gift rule compliance.
- Representation of corporations with respect to multi-state lobbying, ethics, and “pay-to-play” rules compliance and reporting.
- Federal and state PAC and FEC “Super PAC” formation, reporting, and compliance.
- Government ethics counseling.
- Providing strategic counsel to campaigns and political party committees.
- Congressional and Executive branch investigations.
- Foreign Agent Registration Act (FARA) and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) compliance.
- Tax-Exempt Organization formation and guidance.
- Election contests and recounts.
- Preparing campaigns and political parties for early voting and election day with ballot security strategies and plans.
- Advising state legislatures and members of Congress on all aspects of redistricting law.