Michigan Employers Are Now Required to Offer Paid Sick Leave to Employees: Is Your Organization Prepared?
The Michigan Paid Medical Leave Act will become effective on March 29, 2019. Under the Act, Michigan employers with 50 or more employees are required to provide certain employees with at least 40 hours of paid medical leave for personal and family health needs. Michigan employers must be prepared with a comprehensive action plan to ensure they are compliant with the Act’s requirements.
In-Person Workshops Across Michigan
We are offering complimentary in-person workshops in Detroit, Birmingham, Grand Rapids, and Lansing. These seminars will be led by one of our attorneys and will provide an overview of the Act’s requirements. All sessions will take place from 8 AM - 9 AM. Click the links below to register.
- Tuesday, February 19th - Birmingham
- Thursday, February 28th - Detroit
- Friday, March 1st - Grand Rapids
- Friday, March 8th - Lansing
We are also offering multiple, cost-effective alternatives to employers who need assistance developing, reviewing or revising their policies to ensure compliance with the Act’s requirements:
- Employers Without Paid Time Off Policies. If you are an employer that needs a compliant policy, we are offering a form policy for a flat fee.
- Employers Wanting to Review Their Current Policies. Employers who already offer 40 or more hours of paid time off to employees may already be compliance with the Act. If you are an employer that already has a paid time off policy, we are offering a comprehensive review of your policy for a flat fee.
- Employers Wanting to Revise Their Current Policies. If you are an employer who needs your current paid time off policy revised to ensure compliance with the Act’s requirements, one of our attorneys will work with you to review and revise your policy to ensure compliance with the Act, while still meeting the needs of your specific organization.
If you have any questions about the Michigan Paid Medical Leave Act or any of these services, please contact Carly Machasic at (313) 965-8464 | firstname.lastname@example.org or another member of Clark Hill's Labor and Employment Practice Group.