Clark Hill Attorneys to present at International Council of Shopping Centers Michigan Continuing Education Program for Real Estate Professionals February 12, 2015 in Novi, MI
Birmingham, MI – Clark Hill attorneys David M. Blau and Kevin A. Fanning will present at the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) 2015 Michigan Continuing Education Program for Real Estate Professionals titled “Michigan Retail Real Estate: Back by Popular Demand” on February 12th. Clark Hill attorney Paul S. Magy is the chair of the event. Blau will present “Non-Traditional Retail Uses that Take You from the Doctor’s Waiting Room to Heaven’s Gate.” Fanning will present “Horror Stories from the Uninsured ADA Accessibility Front Lines: Retail Signage, Elevators, Sidewalks, Bathroom Stalls and Other Disasters.” Participants will receive 6 Hours of Michigan Continuing Education Real Estate Credits. To register for the event which will be held at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, MI visit this link: www.icsc.org/2015S01.
The purpose of The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) is to advance the shopping center industry and to promote its role in the commercial distribution of consumer goods and services by:
- Providing educational programs and publications in all aspects of shopping center development, finance, management, marketing and other specialized areas of professional interest;
- Conducting meetings and other programs designed to promote the exchange of ideas among members and to facilitate the conduct of their business;
- Collecting and disseminating information pertaining to the shopping center industry, including statistical data and other statistical research;
- Developing and maintaining professional certification programs to encourage high standards for shopping center professionals;
- Advocating the interest of the shopping center industry to local, state/provincial, federal and international governmental bodies; and
- Publicizing to the general public promotional and educational shopping center business information.
Blau is a senior attorney in the firm’s Birmingham office where he practices in the Real Estate Services Practice Group. He works primarily in the areas of real estate leasing, real estate and landlord-tenant litigation, bankruptcy/creditor’s rights, and general business matters. He has significant litigation experience in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts related to retailer bankruptcies. David also has an extensive experience representing all forms of commercial property owners, property managers and brokers.
Fanning’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation matters, real estate litigation, commercial property workouts and receiverships, and securities litigation. Fanning also handles all aspects of litigation for various transportation and logistics companies involving the defense of serious accidents, freight claims, employment matters, insurance and indemnity issues, and related litigation. He also assists these companies to proactively hedge litigation risks through contractual and other means.
Magy is a member of Clark Hill's Real Estate Practice Group. His extensive commercial real estate experience includes acquisition, development, finance, zoning, leasing and sale of commercial real estate, in addition to litigation related to those areas, including receiverships, distressed assets and retailer bankruptcy. Paul also has a substantial amount of experience representing all forms of commercial property owners, developers, property managers and brokers.
Clark Hill PLC is an entrepreneurial, full service law firm that provides business legal services, government & public affairs, and personal legal services to our clients throughout the country. With offices in Arizona, Delaware, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C. and West Virginia, Clark Hill has more than 300 attorneys and professionals. For more information on our firm and our services, visit www.clarkhill.com.