Clark Hill Attorney Elizabeth Collura to Participate in PBI’s “Using Social Media in Your Law Practice” CLE – August 27, 2015
PITTSBURGH, PA – Clark Hill Attorney Elizabeth F. Collura will be participating in a Pennsylvania Bar Institute CLE on August 27, 2015 from 1:00 p.m.- 4:15 p.m. at the PBI Professional Development Conference Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
The CLE is titled “Using Social Media in Your Law Practice” and will discuss how to:
- Use social media to market yourself and your law firm ethically
- Explore popular social media networking websites
- Understand how to use social media to ethically market yourself and your firm
- Explore the intersection of social media, advertising, and PA’s Rules of Professional Conduct
- Hear about the latest in the law of blogging, defamation and invasion of privacy
- Consider liability issues when posting information online
- Understand the role of social media in litigation
- Hear from litigators in different practice areas about social media and discovery tactics
- Get the latest court opinions about discoverability of social media profiles
- Learn about ethics issues when advising clients about their social media profiles
- Consider evidentiary issues created by social media
- Social media policies and employment issues for law firms and lawyers
- Design a reasonable usage policy for your firm
- Get NLRB guidance on acceptable and unacceptable social media policies
- Consider 1st Amendment issues and social media in the workplace
- Learn about social media in hiring, litigation and discrimination concerns
For more information or to register, please visit http://catalog.pbi.org/store/seminar/seminar.php?seminar=43616#blank
Collura is a Senior Attorney in Clark Hill’s Commercial and Corporate Litigation Practice Group, representing clients in federal and state courts, as well as various alternative dispute resolution forums. She is experienced with the multifaceted intersection of social media and law and has handled legal matters involving internet defamation and social media discovery/privacy issues. Collura is a frequent presenter in conferences concerning social media, both locally and nationally. She was selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Clark Hill PLC is an entrepreneurial, full service law firm that provides business legal services, government & public affairs, and personal legal services to our clients throughout the country. With offices in Arizona, Delaware, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C. and West Virginia, Clark Hill has more than 300 attorneys and professionals. For more information on our firm and our services, visit www.clarkhill.com.