Veenita D. RajVeenita Raj Clark Hill
Veenita D. Raj
Veenita Raj is Senior Counsel in Clark Hill’s Labor and Employment practice group. Ms. Raj uses her over 15 years of labor and employment law experience to counsel clients on a variety of matters. She represents clients in state and federal court in single and multi-plaintiff actions involving employment discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment, retaliation, fraud, breach of contract and trade secret claims. She also counsels clients regarding accommodation of employee disabilities, engaging in the interactive process, reduction in force, employee theft, employee terminations and conducting workplace investigations stemming from internal complaints including sexual harassment complaints.
Ms. Raj also has significant experience defending class action wage and hour matters in both state and federal court, involving claims relating to misclassification, meal/rest breaks, overtime and off the clock work. Ms. Raj provides practical and business-focused advise on wage and hour compliance and guidance on avoiding common pitfalls under both state and federal law. She also helps clients conduct self-audits to identify and remedy compliance gaps and areas of increased risk including independent contractor misclassification, exempt status and overtime issues, before the Department of Labor (DOL).
Ms. Raj also represents clients before various administrative bodies including DFEH, EEOC, DOL, EDD, and DIR). Depending on client goals, she has resolved many disputes through arbitration, mediation and negotiation.
REPRESENTATIVE SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS, PUBLICATIONS AND QUOTES
- Speaker/Presenter, educational webinar, the Center for Competitive Management (C4CM), Title: “Social Media Policy Dos & Don’ts: Crafting a Legal and Effective Social Media Policy that Protects Your Organization & Preserves Employee Rights.” June 10, 2014.
- Speaker/Presenter, Western States Tow Show. San Diego, CA. Presentation title “Notable CA Legislative Changes & Case Law Updates and Actions to Consider in Response.” October 10, 2013.
- Speaker/Presenter, educational webinar, Strafford Publications, Inc., Title: “Crafting Summary Judgment Motions in Employment Litigation: The Fundamentals.” March 28, 2012.
- Panel Speaker, Sports Law Seminar. Loyola Law School Sports Law Institute. January 2007.
- “How Employers Can Avoid Hefty HIPAA Violations”- Becker’s Hospital Review- June 3, 2014.
- “Why Should You Care About Workplace Bullying”- PIHRAScope eNewsletter- November 2009.
- Quoted in Law360, March 25, 2014 regarding the U.S Supreme Court ruling in U.S v. Quality Stores, Inc.