Tolu Babade represents employers in a wide variety of employment-related matters and disputes in state and federal court proceedings and before administrative agencies.
Tolu defends her clients in wage and hour collective and class action lawsuits under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and in actions involving discrimination and retaliation claims. Tolu assists employers with drafting and enforcing non-compete, non-solicitation, and other restrictive covenants. Tolu is an advocate for diverse and inclusive work environments and actively partners with employers to implement diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives within the workplace.
Prior to joining Clark Hill, Tolu was a legal intern for the Regional Solicitor’s Office of the United States Department of Labor and the Office of the Attorney General of Texas.
Certificate in Diversity and Inclusion, Cornell University, March 2021
Curt B. Henderson Inn of Court, Associate
DBA Equality Committee, Dallas Bar Association
Collin County Bar Association, Member
Collin County Young Lawyers Association, Member
Dallas Young Lawyers Association, Member
Dallas Bar Association – Labor & Employment Section, Member
Dallas Women Lawyers Association, Member
Create Church, Leader
State Bar Licenses
- Won summary judgment motion in breach of contract action brought by former employee against national company (Eastern District of Texas)
- Successfully defended employers in the retail, transportation, energy, and franchise industries against collective and class actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Successfully argued motion to sever plaintiffs in disability discrimination case.
- Successfully argued motion to join indispensable parties in breach of contract and breach of fiduciary action.
- Obtained judgment on behalf of cement manufacturing company in litigation over products furnished; garnished oilfield corporation’s bank account in subsequent garnishment action.
- “Diversity, Inclusion & Equity – You Need to DIE on this Hill,” Housing Authorities of Texas Symposium, Clark Hill (November 2020)
- “CSI: Special Workplace Investigations; When Your HR Matters Aren’t Solved in an Hour with Commercial Breaks,” Employment Law Breakfast (May 2019)
- “You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch Dealing with the Interactive Process of the ADA and FMLA” (December 2018)
- “When Disaster Strikes: Picking Up The Pieces,” Strasburger Employment Law Blog (September 2017)