Tolu BabadeTolu Babade Clark Hill
Tolu Babade represents and defends her clients in a wide variety of employment related matters and commercial disputes in state and federal court proceedings and before administrative agencies. Tolu has experience representing employers in wage and hour collective and class action lawsuits, and in actions involving discrimination and retaliation claims. Tolu also has experience assisting employers with drafting and enforcing non-compete, non-solicitation, and other restrictive covenants.
While in law school, Tolu served as Vice President of the Labor & Employment Law Student Association. She was also a chief counsel at the SMU Civil Clinic where she represented clients in employment and business disputes.
Prior to joining Clark Hill Strasburger, Tolu was a legal intern for the U.S. Department of Labor's Regional Solicitor's Office, the Office of the Attorney General of Texas, and the North Texas Tollway Authority. Her judicial internships include service to The Honorable Corinne Mason, The Honorable Barnett Walker, and The Honorable Angela Tucker within the Collin County Courts.
- Won summary judgment motion in breach of contract case brought by former employee against national company alleging contractual exception to the Texas at-will employment law (Eastern District of Texas)
- Successfully defended collective/class actions by employees for violations of Fair Labor Standards Act against employers in the retail and transportation industries.
- Successfully argued motion to sever plaintiffs in disability discrimination case.
- Successfully argued motion to join indispensable parties in breach of contract and breach of fiduciary action.
- Successfully defended employers in various discrimination cases based on race, gender, religion, and disability.
- Obtained judgment on behalf of cement manufacturing company in litigation over products furnished; garnished oilfield services corporation's bank account in subsequent garnishment action.
- You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch Dealing with the Interactive Process of the ADA and FMLA (December 2018)
- When Disaster Strikes: Picking Up The Pieces, Strasburger Employment Law Blog (September 2017)