Tolu BabadeTolu Babade Clark Hill
Tolu Babade is committed to client-service and represents employers in a wide variety of employment related matters and disputes in state and federal court proceedings and before administrative agencies. Tolu also defends her clients in wage and hour collective and class action lawsuits under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and in actions involving discrimination and retaliation claims. Tolu assists employers with drafting and enforcing non-compete, non-solicitation, and other restrictive covenants.
While in law school, Tolu served as Vice President of the Labor & Employment Law Student Association. She was also a chief counsel at the SMU Civil Clinic where she represented clients in employment and business disputes.
Prior to joining Clark Hill Strasburger, Tolu was a legal intern for the Regional Solicitor's Office of the United States Department of Labor, the Office of the Attorney General of Texas, and the North Texas Tollway Authority. Her judicial internships include service to The Honorable Corinne Mason, The Honorable Barnett Walker, and The Honorable Angela Tucker within the Collin County Courts.
- Won summary judgment motion in breach of contract action brought by former employee against national company (Eastern District of Texas)
- Successfully defended employers in the retail, transportation, energy, and franchise industries against collective and class actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Successfully argued motion to sever plaintiffs in disability discrimination case.
- Successfully argued motion to join indispensable parties in breach of contract and breach of fiduciary action.
- Obtained judgment on behalf of cement manufacturing company in litigation over products furnished; garnished oilfield corporation's bank account in subsequent garnishment action.
- "Diversity, Inclusion & Equity - You Need to DIE on this Hill," Housing Authorities of Texas Symposium, Clark Hill (November 2020)
- "CSI: Special Workplace Investigations; When Your HR Matters Aren't Solved in an Hour with Commercial Breaks," Employment Law Breakfast (May 2019)
- "You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch Dealing with the Interactive Process of the ADA and FMLA" (December 2018)
- "When Disaster Strikes: Picking Up The Pieces," Strasburger Employment Law Blog (September 2017)