Stuart M. Schwartz
Stuart M. Schwartz represents clients in commercial disputes and other business concerns in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, construction, real estate, retail, hospitality, financial services, health care, technology, and transportation.
Stuart represents clients of all sizes and profiles in high-risk and complex matters pending in business and other courts across the country. Additionally, Stuart maintains an active outside general counsel practice for numerous clients who rely on him as a trusted advisor to navigate a myriad of legal and strategic issues.
Michigan Super Lawyer, Business Litigation (2021)
State Bar Licenses
- Obtained judgement in a fraud and civil RICO action on behalf of municipal client in the amount of $120,000,000 and successfully defended that judgment through bankruptcy proceedings.
- Obtained complete dismissal of a trade secrets action brought against an industrial equipment manufacturer, with an award of attorneys’ fees and costs in client’s favor.
- Obtained an injunction against a client’s former key employee and his competing business.
- Obtained a significant recovery for a client in the hospitality industry on a claim of constructive eviction.
- Obtained a significant recovery (including control of the business) for shareholders in a large retail automotive business on a claim of minority oppression.
- Obtained a significant recovery for an industrial raw material producer on a large business interruption claim involving damage to manufacturing facility.
- Successfully defended real estate developer/project owner against claims of wrongful contract termination.