Stephen R. GeeStephen Gee Clark Hill
Stephen R. Gee
Stephen R. Gee represents a diverse group of clients operating in both union and non-union environments including long-term care facilities, hospitals, assisted living communities, construction companies, automotive parts suppliers, restaurants, school districts, non-profit organizations, municipalities, and corporations. Stephen has significant experience:
- Resolving day-to-day employment and labor issues including FMLA, ADA, Title VII, wage and hour compliance, employee disciplines, termination, grievances, unemployment insurance, and investigations
- Drafting streamlined multi-state employment policies, as well as confidentiality, non-competition, and non-solicitation agreements
- Advising construction companies on how to comply with state and federal prevailing wage laws
- Defending employers before the Michigan Department of Civil Rights, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Michigan Employment Relations Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, and state and federal courts
- Defending employers in complex wage and hour class action litigation and has represented employers in discharge arbitrations
Prior to joining Clark Hill, Stephen gained a wide range of labor and employment law experience working at management-side firms in Chicago, Illinois.
Stephen graduated cum laude from Chicago-Kent College of Law. He served on the Chicago-Kent Law Review Executive Board and was a Student Editor on the Employee Rights & Employment Policy Journal. Stephen's law review note, "The 'Moral Hazards' of Title VII's Religious Accommodation Doctrine," was published in Volume 89 of the Chicago-Kent Law Review.
Prior to law school, Stephen worked in marketing for two years after attaining a Bachelors of Business Administration with High Distinction from the University of Michigan's Stephen M. Ross School of Business.