Stephen J. MandelStephen Mandel Clark Hill
Stephen J. Mandel
Stephen J. Mandel is a corporate and transactional attorney with a focus on a wide range of commercial finance matters. In his counsel to lenders and borrowers, including banks and other capital providers, public and private companies and private equity groups and similar enterprises, Stephen often serves as deal steward, quarterbacking the deal process from the term sheet or commitment stage through to loan documentation and closing. Stephen uses a practical approach to each matter, augmenting his knowledge of the legal issues with an appreciation for the differing goals of each client in order to achieve an efficient and timely outcome desired by all parties.
Stephen’s experience includes:
- Drafting and negotiating term sheets, commitment letters, credit agreements, security agreements, intercreditor agreements and other loan documentation on behalf of single-bank lenders and agent lenders in syndicated facilities
- Cash-flow secured and unsecured credit facilities, asset-based loan transactions, mezzanine and subordinated structures, real estate financings and other credit arrangements
- Representing lenders and borrowers in connection with leveraged buyouts and other acquisition financings
- Cross-border transactions involving businesses with operations in Canada, Mexico and Europe, and collaboration with local counsel in such jurisdictions on behalf of both lenders and borrowers
- Preparation and negotiation of required legal opinions, including serving as local counsel to a number of public and private companies with multi-state operations
- Drafting of corporate organizational documentation and resolutions and attention to general corporate matters in the context of financing and other transactions
Stephen began his legal career with an AmLaw 100 firm in New York, representing hedge funds, private equity funds and other finance companies in domestic and cross-border finance transactions, before relocating to the Pittsburgh area and joining Clark Hill in 2008.