Sorana G. BanSorana Ban Clark Hill
Sorana G. Ban
Sorana G. Ban is an intellectual property attorney with experience in trademark management and enforcement, technology transactions, international trade, and complex commercial litigation.
Sorana counsels entrepreneurs, middle-size businesses and Fortune 100 companies on the protection of their intellectual property assets, technology agreements, as well as trade related matters, including antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings. Her litigation experience includes representation of domestic and international clients in complex commercial litigation throughout the country. She also has experience managing large e-discovery collections to assist her clients with ethics and compliance issues.
- Negotiate and conclude complex licenses in manufacturing, retail, energy, and the financial industries.
- Negotiate and draft information technology agreements.
- Assist multiple companies with negotiating and preparing nondisclosure agreements and assignments.
- Assist clients with the legal aspects of brand management, search for available trademarks, analyze and investigate potentially conflicting marks, register marks in the United States and abroad, manage domain name acquisitions, and assess infringement risks.
- Represent clients in opposition and cancellations proceedings within the U.S. Trademark Office's Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
- Resolve domain name disputes; utilize the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Policy ("UDRP") of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN") to seek permanent transfers of domain names.
- Assist clients with commercializing marks through licenses and merchandising agreements.
- Advise clients on transactional issues surrounding trademarks, copyrights and related matters including issues such as the right of privacy, defamation and domain name registration.
- Grow and manage valuable intellectual property portfolios for domestic and multinational companies.