Shannon L. Deeby
Shannon L. Deeby supports clients through corporate and public-sector reorganization, creditors’ rights cases, and bankruptcy-related litigation. Her practice also addresses issues related to the intersection of bankruptcy and family law.
Shannon has extensive experience representing distressed businesses and individuals, creditors’ committees, secured and unsecured creditors, franchisors, and other parties in interest in federal and state courts in Michigan and in bankruptcy courts throughout the United States in a wide variety of industries, including automotive, municipal finance, and gaming. Shannon regularly prosecutes and defends fraudulent transfer and preference avoidance actions, and non-dischargeability actions.
Shannon also serves on and is the chairperson of Clark Hill’s Leadership Forum, which creates opportunities and programming to support the professional goals of Clark Hill’s associates and senior attorneys.
Selected as a Top Lawyer by DBusiness magazine in 2013
State Bar of Michigan
State Bar Licenses
- Counsel to the Detroit Retirement Systems in the Chapter 9 municipal bankruptcy case of the City of Detroit, Michigan.
- Counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Chapter 11 case Greektown Holdings LLC, involving a hotel and casino gaming complex with annual revenues of approximately $300 million.
- Counsel to the Trustee of the Greektown Distribution Trust, a trust established to reconcile unsecured claims and distribute $10 Million in accordance with the terms of the joint plans of reorganization confirmed in the Greektown Holdings, LLC Chapter 11 case.
- Counsel to the Litigation Trustee of the Greektown Litigation Trust in the prosecution of a multi-million dollar fraudulent transfer action.
- Counsel to the Liquidating Trustee in the Chapter 11 case Plastech Engineered Products, Inc., in the prosecution of numerous avoidance actions.
- Counsel to several automotive suppliers in the Motors Liquidation Company (f/k/a General Motors Corporation), Old Carco LLC (f/k/a Chrysler LLC), and DPH Holdings Corporation (f/k/a Delphi Corporation) Chapter 11 cases.
- “Secured Creditor’s Remedies and Protecting Assets in Bankruptcy”, Troy, Michigan, January 23, 2020
- “Intellectual Property & Bankruptcy – It Is Hard to Reconcile Many Thorny Issues at the Crossroads”, 32nd Annual National CLE Bankruptcy Conference sponsored by the Colorado Bar Association, Vail, Colorado, January 10, 2015.
- “The City of Detroit Bankruptcy – When Wall Street Intersects Main Street: An Overview of the Politics, Process and Pensions”, Allegheny County Bar Association’s 52nd Annual Bench Bar Conference, Seven Springs, Pennsylvania, June 19, 2014.
- “Chapter 9 – The Detroit Case”, 2014 TMA Great Lakes Regional Conference, Painesville, Ohio, May 30, 2014.
- “American College of Bankruptcy Chapter 9 Panel Discussion”, New Orleans, Louisiana, May 10, 2014.
- Co-author of Bankruptcy in the Construction Setting and the Builders’ Trust Fund Act Warranties and the Economic Loss Doctrine, Michigan Construction Law Manual, Chapter 10, Thomson Reuters/West Publishing (updated annually)
- Co-authored “On a Collision Course: Section 546(e) and Leveraged Buyouts” for The Ins and Outs of LBOs for the American Bankruptcy Institute Central States Bankruptcy Workshop, June 2013