Samuel J. Tallman
Samuel J. Tallman assists clients with business formation, capitalization, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and commercial contracts. He advises clients in a variety of sectors, including private equity, ETA/search fund, manufacturing, industrial services, cannabis, and technology.
Sam is a trusted advisor and serves his business clients as outside general counsel, regularly advising them on day-to-day business decisions, employment issues, corporate governance, and intellectual property matters. Sam also partners with investors, entrepreneurs, and executives on the legal and business issues they face at every stage of their journey, from startup or acquisition through growth to exit. Sam coaches and guides his clients as they explore different strategies, transactions, and opportunities.
Working as a prosecutor and trial attorney early in his career, Sam has a keen eye for viewing business operations through the lens of a litigator, allowing him to identify potential liabilities and effectively diffuse them before they have a chance of coming to fruition. With this mindset, Sam constantly seeks to keep his clients out of disputes and focused on achieving their personal and business goals.
Illinois Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2020-2022)
Illinois State Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association
State Bar Licenses
- Structured and assisted with fundraising for multiple search funds as well as represented them in the acquisition of their target companies.
- Represented private equity firm in the acquisition of multiple overhead crane businesses.
- Advised national wine maker and distributor in its corporate restructuring and financing efforts.
- Represented private lender in a $25 million financing to a large California based cannabis company.
- Represented technology startup company throughout the fundraise and securement of its seed round of financing.