Robert M. O'Boyle
Robert O’Boyle represents clients in business separations, divorces, securities litigation, real estate litigation, and employment litigation, including covenants not to compete.
Since 1985, Bob has tried cases to judges and juries throughout Texas and regularly handles complex matters of critical importance to his clients. Bob also handles injunctions, sequestrations (replevins), and other extraordinary remedies. He has also handled numerous appeals and is a member of the firm’s appellate practice group. Bob is board certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Named among The Best Lawyers in America – Commercial Litigation by Best Lawyers (2013-2021)
AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale Hubbell
Named a Texas Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters (2008-2011)
Received the J. Chrys Dougherty Award from Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas (2008)
American Bar Association, Fellow
Austin Bar Foundation, Founding Fellow, Former President (2009-2010)
Austin Bar Association, Former President (2008-2009)
Dripping Spring Education Foundation, Trustee
Hill Country Rally For Kids, Inc., Director & Secretary
Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas, Advisory Board
State Bar Licenses
- Jury trials in cases involving minority shareholders, breach of fiduciary duty, covenants not to compete, real estate, and securities.
- Defense against claims of theft of trade secrets and tortious interference with contracts.
- Defense of attorneys and law firms in legal malpractice lawsuits.
- Prosecution of civil cases accompanied by parallel criminal proceedings.
- Internal investigations of alleged wrongdoing by business organizations.
- Extensive knowledge of extraordinary relief such as injunction, sequestration, and attachment.
- Defense and prosecution of class actions involving securities fraud and oil and gas interests.
- Defense of monopolization and restraint of trade claims.