Robert A. Stern
Robert A. Stern routinely navigates his clients through vendor management, compliance and data privacy and security issues.
Rob is responsive and available 24/7 to solve the toughest challenges like multi-jurisdictional data breaches, protecting personally identifiable information and infrastructure, and data governance. He has managed numerous data security incidents, ranging from ransomware and malware incidents to business email compromises, fraudulent wire transfers, and other unauthorized accesses to business networks. By following a rigorous approach, Rob reviews incident response policies and business continuity plans so clients, employees and their boards of directors can be confident their most critical assets – customer and employee data – are protected.
A data security incident can last weeks or months with a complex maze of regulatory and government requirements. Having Rob as a trusted advisor, coordinating and guiding you throughout the entire process, will allow you to focus on getting your business operational while he handles the details.
Rob previously spent several years in-house at a multinational software company where his focus was negotiating high-value software transactions. He continues to vigorously negotiate various software licensing deals from industry leaders such as Oracle, Workday, Salesforce, Capgemini, Google, and Dell/VMWare.
Rob also advises clients on other complex technology transactions involving intellectual property, cloud-based services, digital media, data transfer, and services procurement, while developing detailed data security and privacy policies to protect the organization.
Rob’s intimate knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), and other international, federal, and state privacy regulations allows clients to confidently know the appropriate steps are being taken in a timely manner for the duration of the event.
Rob is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US).
State Bar Licenses
- “Emerging Biometric Risks,” ePlace Solutions, Inc., Webinar, Chicago, IL, August 29, 2019
- “Is Your Business Safe – Cybersecurity and the California Consumer Privacy Act,” Retail Industry Networking Group, Houston, TX, April 10, 2019
- “Cybersecurity & The Industrial Environment: Best Practices to Breach Response,” ProFoodTech Conference, March 26, 2019
- “Client Leadership Training: Cybersecurity in the Workplace,” Bolingbrook, IL, March 5, 2019
- “Privacy and Cyber Liability From the Trenches: A Front Line Perspective,” February 12, 2019