Robert A. SternRobert Stern Clark Hill
Robert A. Stern
Robert A. Stern is an Associate in the firm’s Chicago office where he assists clients with global privacy and data security issues, including multi-jurisdictional data breach response matters and protecting personally identifiable information and infrastructure. Rob has extensive experience in data breach preparedness where he advises clients on information security governance, incident response policies and procedures, business continuity plans, and other data privacy and cybersecurity processes.
Rob is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US). He has handled over 100 data security incidents, ranging from ransomware and other malware incidents to business email compromises, fraudulent wire transfers, and other unauthorized accesses to business networks. Rob has also worked with clients to navigate the General Data Protection Regulation, the California Consumer Privacy Act, and other international, federal and state privacy regulations. When not counseling clients on data protection and privacy matters, Rob negotiates technology transactions, specifically Software-as-a-Service transactions with cloud software providers.
Rob received his J.D. from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 2015 and a B.A. from Indiana University in Criminal Justice and Psychology.
- "Emerging Biometric Risks," ePlace Solutions, Inc., Webinar, Chicago, IL, August 29, 2019
- "Is Your Business Safe – Cybersecurity and the California Consumer Privacy Act," Retail Industry Networking Group, Houston, TX, April 10, 2019
- "Cybersecurity & The Industrial Environment: Best Practices to Breach Response," ProFoodTech Conference, March 26, 2019
- "Client Leadership Training: Cybersecurity in the Workplace," Bolingbrook, IL, March 5, 2019
- "Privacy and Cyber Liability From the Trenches: A Front Line Perspective," February 12, 2019