Renee Fell represents public and private-sector employers in a wide range of labor and employment matters. Renee regularly advises and represents clients in matters arising under Title VII, the Illinois Human Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, as well as matters involving retaliation, restrictive covenants, separation agreements, breach of contract, defamation, and related labor and employment torts. Renee also devotes a portion of her practice to counseling employers regarding various employment law issues and handling workplace investigations.
Renee’s labor relations experience includes litigating grievance arbitration matters; litigating both representation and unfair labor practice cases before the Illinois Labor Relations Board; and counseling employers on their rights and obligations under the Illinois Labor Relations Act and any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
State Bar Licenses
- Extensive experience drafting and arguing dispositive motions and appeals, taking and defending depositions, mediating settlements, participating in administrative agency investigations, fact-finding conferences, and hearings, and issuing and responding to discovery requests.
- Experience successfully defending unionized clients in arbitration hearings on matters involving employee discipline and termination.
- Regularly advises employers in connection with responding to employee grievances pursuant to a collective bargaining agreement.
- Conducted neutral workplace misconduct investigations.
- Drafting and revising employee handbooks and personnel manuals to comply with developments in the law.