Reginald D. CloydReginald Cloyd Clark Hill
Reginald D. Cloyd
Reginald “Reggie” D. Cloyd III is an Associate in the Litigation group based in Clark Hill’s Chicago office. Reggie represents clients in complex commercial litigation matters involving breach of contract, consumer fraud, data privacy, products liability, bankruptcy, real estate and violations of the Illinois Trade Secrets Act. He has represented unsecured and secured creditors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy matters and in Chapter 11 bankruptcy adversary proceedings. Reggie also has experience in drafting dispositive and discovery motions, pretrial motions, and motions for injunctive relief. He helps clients with all aspects of the litigation process including initial case evaluation, discovery, depositions, mediations, and trial preparation. He has first chaired multiple bench trials in state court.
Prior to joining Clark Hill, Reggie was an associate attorney at a national law firm, where he practiced in commercial litigation and business disputes. While in law school, he served as Production Editor for the Illinois Journal of Law, Technology & Policy, received the Outstanding 3L of the Year award from the Black Law Student Association, and was a Guest Speaker at the 2015 College of Law Annual Alumni Luncheon. As an undergraduate, he was captain of the Men’s Football Team and a guest speaker at the Senior Farewell Service. After law school, Reggie was a Fellow at the City of Chicago Department of Law: Federal Civil Rights Division.
Publications & Speaking Engagements:
- Keynote Speaker: 54th Annual Lincoln-Douglass-King Banquet (Feb. 16, 2019)
- Panelist: Data Security and Data Privacy, (July 11, 2018)
- Co-Presenter: 2018 IAPD/IPRA Soaring to New Heights Conference – A Brief Overview of Collections, Bankruptcy, and Identity Protection Issues
- Blog Post: https://privacyriskreport.com/anonymous-and-other-hackers-vs-isis-cyber-security-implications/
- Commercial General Liability Dispatch (Volume 7, Issue 3, March 2016)
- Extra! Extra! Extracontractual Liability and Claims Handling (Volume 13, Issue 2, February 2016)