Peter F. ClancyPeter Clancy Clark Hill
Peter F. Clancy
Peter F. Clancy concentrates in insurance coverage and claim management, with a focus on representing international insurers and reinsurers. Peter regularly counsels clients on liability and coverage issues, and assists in the resolution of high exposure claims, both before and after verdict. His experience includes managed care, medical malpractice, nursing homes, directors and officers, employment practices, commercial crime, products liability, clinical trials, billing errors and omission, and general liability coverage.
An avid speaker, Peter has given numerous presentations on medical malpractice and health care litigation.
Peter’s memberships include the Professional Liability Underwriting Society, the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management, and the Illinois State Bar Association.
- Panelist, "Employees Gone Wild," Cayman Capdive Forum, Grand Cayman (December 2017)
- Panelist, "A Proactive Look at Tort Reform in Florida," Aon Risk Solutions, London, England (September 2015)
- Panelist, "Claim Trends: Where Have We Been, Where Are We Going, and What Does The Future Hold?," Chicagoland Healthcare Risk Management Society’s (CHRMS) 2015 Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL (April 2015)
- Co-Presenter, "Current Claim Trends in Medical Malpractice," Bermuda Society for Healthcare Risk Management, Ltd., Bermuda (May 1, 2014)
- Co-Presenter, "The Cure is worse than the Disease: Liability Exposure Risks to Professionals (in Post-Obamacare and Post-Dodd-Frank America)," London, England (May 2012)
- "Current Medical Malpractice Claims Issues in the U.S.," Swiss Re Academy (October 2010)
- "Obstetrics Claims: The Excess and Reinsurance Perspective," Johnson & Bell. Health Law Seminar, Chicago (May 2010)
- Co-Presenter, "Healthcare 2010: Year in Transition," Bermuda Society for Healthcare Risk Management, Hamilton, Bermuda (February 2010)
- Co-Presenter, "Healthcare Claims from the Excess Perspective," Bermuda Insurance Institute, Hamilton, Bermuda, (November 2008)
- Co-Presenter, "Never Say Never Again - 'Never Events' and Their Impact on Hospital Clients," Bermuda Society for Healthcare Risk Management, Hamilton, Bermuda (October 2008)
- "Healthcare Liability Claim Trends," Allied World Health Assurance Company's Health-care Forum (April 2008)
- "When Bad Events Happen, What Should You Do?," OneBeacon Professional Partners National Client Education Forum (October 2007)
- "Medical Malpractice: Too Soon to Get Back Into the Water?," Sedgwick's 19th Annual London Insurance Seminar (October 2006) & Sedgwick's Fourth Annual Hot Topics Seminar for the Bermuda Insurance Market (October 2006)
- "Setting Case Reserves: Art or Science?," Virginia Solutions Insurance Company, Risk Management Workshop (May 2006)
- "How Do We Manage Risk in the New Reality?," Health First, Inc., Leadership Retreat (May 2006)
- "Managed Care Organizations and Their Liability Exposures," 36th Annual RIMS Conference and Exhibition (April 1998)