Noelle M. Natoli
Noelle Natoli assists clients in complex personal injury matters, particularly those arising out of trucking and elder abuse claims, with extensive experience from pre-litigation investigation and emergency response to post-trial law and motion.
Noelle prides herself on her ability to listen directly to her client and aide them in achieving their goals by navigating complex litigation for the client’s benefit. She excels in the courtroom by focusing on the importance of credibility and impeachment issues through exhaustive investigative and research efforts, serving the interests of both the clients and their insurance carrier.
Clients who retain Noelle’s elder abuse services include long term care facilities, nursing homes, adult family homes, residential care facilities, hospitals, doctors, nurses, and employees of nursing facilities. Her transportation clients include owner-operators, independent contractors, and both large and small trucking companies. Noelle has served as national counsel for a transportation insurance company, and currently provides consultancy for a national long-term care risk retention group.
She has tried several cases and mediated more than three hundred cases. Noelle’s clients trust her to guide them through high stakes litigation as their trial attorney, but also trust her to advocate and advise them to make decisions that ultimately benefit their businesses.
Noelle is also very passionate in the field of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion education, and proudly serves as the Chair of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee for the Trucking Industry Defense Association. She is also a member of Clark Hill’s BOLD, PRIDE, and THRIVE initiatives, all committed to DEI in the legal profession. She is the current President-Elect of the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, and also serves as a board member of the National Conference of Women Bar Associations. She is also an active member of the Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Defense Research Institute, International Association of Defense Counsel, and Transportation Lawyers Association.
Transportation Lawyer of the Year, Corporate LiveWire Global Awards, 2020
Corporate LiveWire Winner- Transportation Law – California – 2015
AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated – Martindale-Hubbell
Noelle was selected to the Southern California Rising Stars list in 2012.
Member, Board of Directors, National Conference of Women’s Bar Associations (NCWBA), 2021-present
Member, Trucking Law Committee – Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Vice President, Women Lawyer’s Association of Los Angeles
Chair for the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Trucking Industry Defense Association
Committee, 2017 Annual Conference Planning Committee – Trucking Industry Defense Association
Board of Directors, Member-At-Large (2015-2017) – Transportation Lawyers’ Association
Member, Vice Chair of Transportation Committee (2015-2016), Webinar Chair (2014-2016) – International Association of Defense Counsel
Member – Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International
State Bar Licenses
Recent Notable Experience
- Successfully defended a multi-million dollar elder abuse case in Washington, significantly reducing settlement below policy limits.
- Successfully tried a motor vehicle negligence case in which the jury awarded $25,000 in response to a $7.8 million dollar “ask” to the jury. The costs award exceeded the verdict, resulting in a judgment in favor of the defense.
- Successfully represented a national trucking company against five minor children and a widow, in a “suicide by truck” action in San Bernardino county in which her investigative efforts confirmed the death was a suicide, that the decedent had a prolonged history of drug use, and was having a long-term extramarital affair, thereby significantly reducing the settlement for an amount tantamount to defense costs.
- Presenter, “A Step-By-Step Guide: Challenging the Use of Reptile Theory,” American Bar Association, January 13, 2021
- Presenter, “The Sorting Hat: Unconscious Bias and Its Effect on Decision-Making,” Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA), September 22, 2020
- Presenter, “Insurance Defense Litigation: Defending Against the Reptile Theory Utilized by Plaintiffs,” Strafford Seminars, November 7, 2017
- Panelist, Business Development, Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, May 25, 2017
- Moderator, “Growing Relationships: What to Do After You Get the Business Card,” Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, May 24, 2016
- Presenter, “The Anatomy of A Trucking Personnel File,” Pincus Professional Education, March 29, 2016
- Presenter, “Personal Injury Trucking Accident Cases Part I: The Wild World of Medical Expenses-Costs Incurred, Submissions for Reimbursement, Liens, and Demands,” ACI’s 6th National Forum on Defending and Managing Trucking Litigation, March 2016
- Presenter, “New Theories of Liability: Emerging Trends in Personal Injury Claims and Regulatory Actions,” The California Association of Health Facilities (Los Angeles Chapter), 2015
- Presenter, “Trucking Litigation Defense: Where Employment Issues Trip Up Your Clients,” Pincus Professional Education, 2015
- Presenter, “True Grit: MORE Lessons Learned from our Foremothers and Colleagues,” Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, 2015
- Presenter, “Ethics,” DRI Nursing Home/ALF Seminar, 2013
- Panelist, “Do You Wanna Dance?: Waltzing Around Ethical Obligations to the Driver, the Company, and the Carrier,” 46th Transportation Law Institute, Transportation Lawyers Association, 2013
- Presenter, “Unveiling the Trucking Expert,” DRI 2012 Annual Meeting CLE Session, 2012
- Author, “May is Mental Health Awareness Month,” Trucking Industry Defense Association, May 12, 2021
- Co-Author, “Ethical Considerations Facing Transportation Attorneys,” The Transportation Lawyer, February 2014
- Author, “It’s Personal, Not Business,” DRI’s The Voice, November 2013
- Author, “Preclusion of FMCSA Findings at Trial on Grounds of Trustworthiness,” The Transportation Lawyer, February 2013
- Author, “Roadcheck 2013 Raises the Question, What Aren’t You Being Told about the Trucking Industry?” DRI Today, June 2013
- Author, “Road Warriors and Heroes,” DRI Today, March 2012
- Author, “What the Long Term Care Industry Can Learn From the Trucking Industry,” Los Angeles Daily Journal, November 2010
- Author, “Litigation Lessons Learned From the Real Housewives,” DRI® The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Author, “One Foot on the Floor Towards CSA Compliance,” 2011