Noelle M. NatoliNoelle Natoli Clark Hill
Noelle M. Natoli
Noelle M. Natoli is a Member in Clark Hill’s Los Angeles office. Noelle prides herself on her ability to listen directly to her clients’ needs and navigate complex litigation for the clients’ business benefit. She excels in the courtroom and with clients by focusing on the importance of issues and the relationship between the insured and insurer.
Noelle’s principal areas of practice are transportation and elder abuse, with extensive experience from pre-litigation investigation and emergency response to post-trial law and motion in both areas. She has tried several cases and mediated more than two hundred cases. Successfully defending a multi-million dollar elder abuse case in Washington, Noelle’s efforts significantly reduced settlement below policy limits.
Clients who retain Noelle’s elder abuse services include long term care facilities, nursing homes, adult family homes, residential care facilities, hospitals, doctors, nurses, and employees of nursing facilities. Her transportation clients include owner-operators, independent contractors, and both large and small trucking companies. Noelle has served as national counsel for a transportation insurance company, and currently provides consultancy for a national long term care risk retention group.
As a seasoned litigator with a hunger for diversity in practice, Noelle also has extensive experience in product liability defense where she puts her tenacity and great investigative skills to work to determine unique ways to reduce plaintiff’s damages and expedite resolution.
Noelle serves on the steering committee of the Defense Research Institute’s Trucking Law Committee and on the board of the Women Lawyer’s Association of Los Angeles. She is also a member of the Trucking Industry Defense Association in which she proudly chairs the Committee for Diversity and Inclusion. She is also a member of several other organizations including the Transportation Lawyers’ Association, Defense Research Institute, International Association of Defense Counsel, and Association of Southern California Defense Counsel.
- Presenter, "Insurance Defense Litigation: Defending Against the Reptile Theory Utilized by Plaintiffs," Strafford Seminars, November 7, 2017
- Panelist, Business Development, Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, May 25, 2017
- Moderator, "Growing Relationships: What to Do After You Get the Business Card," Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, May 24, 2016
- Presenter, "The Anatomy of A Trucking Personnel File," Pincus Professional Education, March 29, 2016
- Presenter, "Personal Injury Trucking Accident Cases Part I: The Wild World of Medical Expenses-Costs Incurred, Submissions for Reimbursement, Liens, and Demands," ACI’s 6th National Forum on Defending and Managing Trucking Litigation, March 2016
- Presenter, "New Theories of Liability: Emerging Trends in Personal Injury Claims and Regulatory Actions," The California Association of Health Facilities (Los Angeles Chapter), 2015
- Presenter, "Trucking Litigation Defense: Where Employment Issues Trip Up Your Clients," Pincus Professional Education, 2015
- Presenter, "True Grit: MORE Lessons Learned from our Foremothers and Colleagues," Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, 2015
- Presenter, "Ethics," DRI Nursing Home/ALF Seminar, 2013
- Panelist, "Do You Wanna Dance?: Waltzing Around Ethical Obligations to the Driver, the Company, and the Carrier," 46th Transportation Law Institute, Transportation Lawyers Association, 2013
- Presenter, "Unveiling the Trucking Expert," DRI 2012 Annual Meeting CLE Session, 2012
- Co-Author, "Ethical Considerations Facing Transportation Attorneys," The Transportation Lawyer, February 2014
- Author, "It's Personal, Not Business," DRI's The Voice, November 2013
- Author, "Preclusion of FMCSA Findings at Trial on Grounds of Trustworthiness," The Transportation Lawyer, February 2013
- Author, "Roadcheck 2013 Raises the Question, What Aren’t You Being Told about the Trucking Industry?" DRI Today, June 2013
- Author, "Road Warriors and Heroes, DRI Today, March 2012
- Author, "What the Long Term Care Industry Can Learn From the Trucking Industry," Los Angeles Daily Journal, November 2010
- Author, "Litigation Lessons Learned From the Real Housewives," DRI® The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Author, "One Foot on the Floor Towards CSA Compliance," 2011