Hon. Michael L. LandrumHon. Michael Landrum Clark Hill
Hon. Michael L. Landrum
Michael Landrum is an attorney, mediator and arbitrator practicing with Clark Hill Strasburger in Houston. He is the former Judge of the 113th Civil District Court, in Harris County. He served as judge from May 2013 through 2018.
Michael has been an attorney since 1976. He has dedicated his legal career to representing businesses and business people in matters involving a wide variety of transactional, litigation and appellate matters.
He has represented parties before state and federal trial and appellate courts in matters concerning contracts, real estate, business organizations, shareholder disputes, trade secret, unfair competition, deceptive trade practices, banking, property tax and appraisal, construction, commercial engineering and design and others.
Michael holds certifications in the fields of Civil Trial Law and Civil Appellate Law from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
For more than 25 years, Michael has been a member of the American Arbitration Association Construction and Commercial case Arbitrator Panels. In that capacity, he has rendered final awards in more than 250 cases.
In addition to his usual professional practice, Michael serves as judicial liaison to the Houston Young Lawyers Association, lectures in continuing legal education programs, judges student mock trial and moot court competitions, and is active in Houston Bar Association activities.
- The American Court System; Houston Baptist University (2018-2019)
- Expert Testimony Preparation and Presentation; Foundation Performance Association, Houston, Texas (January 2019)
- Current Trends in Construction Dispute Litigation; Houston Bar Association, Construction Section (September 2018)
- The Complete Expert Witness: More Than the Report; Forensic Witness Association, Houston, Texas (June 2018)
- A Young Lawyer’s Guide to Practice in Civil Court; Houston Young
Lawyers’ Association (May 2018)
- Welcome to the Legal Profession, Houston Young Lawyers’ Association (November
2018, May 2018, November 2017)
- What Happened to the Trials?; Houston Bar Association, Litigation Section (April 2018)
- Judges Speak: Current Developments in Civil Trial; National Business Institute (May 2017)
- Judges’ Panel: What Young Lawyers Need to Know; Houston Young Lawyers’ Association (April 2017)
- Lawyers: Good for Something, Houston Bar Association, Litigation Section (October 2016)
- Judges’ Panel: Advice for Practitioners; Texas Bar Association, Advanced Personal Injury Law Institute (May 2016)
- Serving as an Attorney Ad Litem; Houston Bar Association (October 2018, October 2107, October 2016, October 2015)
- Panelist, Harris County Bench Bar Conference (May 2017, 2015)