Marshall P. MeringolaMarshall Meringola Clark Hill
Marshall P. Meringola
Marshall P. Meringola is a Senior Attorney in Clark Hill Strasburger's Corporate and Securities team with an emphasis on corporate transactions and arrangements within the healthcare industry. In addition to assisting clients with corporate formations, governance, private offerings, and mergers and acquisitions, Marshall dedicates a significant portion of his practice to advising healthcare providers and healthcare-related entities on a variety of regulatory matters.
Prior to joining Clark Hill Strasburger, Marshall served in the United States Air Force as a Healthcare Administrator, supporting the ultimate objective of delivering the highest possible quality of care to military members and their families. In this role, Marshall gained domestic and international experience in establishing and maintaining hospital and clinical technology, maximizing patient access to care, achieving operational accreditation compliance, and engaging in patient support services.
During law school, Marshall clerked with the Office of General Counsel at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center and at Covenant Health System, which afforded him an opportunity to confront and address a number of the challenging legal issues facing healthcare education and research institutions and not-for-profit health systems.
- Assisted in the representation of 30+ member physician group in the $90M sale and merger of the group's practice with another physician practice
- Organized and coordinated due diligence reviews and closing checklists for healthcare-related entities as part of mergers and other stock and asset purchase transactions
- Prepare contracts and other written agreements related to hospital or clinical operations of a healthcare-related entity, including physician and non-physician employment agreements, professional services agreements, management services agreements, medical directorship agreements, and business associate agreements, and other entity affiliation agreements
- Draft corporate governance documents and private offering documents for small-to-mid size businesses in a variety of industries, including healthcare, investment management, and technology
- Advise physicians and other professionally licensed healthcare practitioners on a variety of state licensing board matters
- Develop strategies and analyze existing policies and procedures of healthcare covered entities and business associates to comply with applicable federal and state privacy and security standards
- Counsel healthcare clients regarding the potential implication of federal and state fraud and abuse laws, including the federal Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute, as well as the Texas Anti-Solicitation Statute and similarly adopted state-specific statutes or regulations governing relationships in the healthcare industry
- Analyze trends and instruct clients with respect to various state laws pertaining to and governing the emerging medical spa and cosmetic medical services industry