Marissa G. WeitznerMarissa Weitzner Clark Hill
Marissa G. Weitzner
Marissa Weitzner has over 20 years of experience as a healthcare executive and attorney. Marissa’s practice is focused on the regulations, operations, and transactions of hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, physicians, and ancillary service providers.
Marissa has extensive experience with hospital governance, managed care contracting, and development and administration of hospital service lines.
Prior to joining Clark Hill Strasburger, she was the chief strategy officer and chief legal officer at a publicly traded health care company headquartered in Houston, Texas. She also served as Director of Legal Services at Houston Methodist Hospital System, an academic medical center in the Texas Medical Center.
Marissa earned her B.A., cum laude, from Rice University and her J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center.
Marissa’s representative matters include the following:
• Represented physician group in $90MM acquisition by private equity backed entity
• Negotiated $120MM credit facility collateralized by health care facility receivables
• Represented private surgical hospital in acquisition by a for-profit, publicly traded health care system
• Represented home health agencies and intra-operative monitoring companies in mergers, acquisitions, and regulatory matters
• Developed, drafted, and negotiated salary, productivity and non-compete models for physician employment agreements
• Drafted private offering documents for pharmacies, ambulatory surgical centers, laboratories, and other ancillary medical service entities
• Formed clinically integrated network management services organization for client with care coordination contract relationships with insurers in seven states
• Advised clients regarding Stark, Anti-Kickback, Federal False Claims Act and various other health care fraud and abuse laws; and drafted and implemented compliance program for a for-profit health system with seven hospitals and three ambulatory surgical centers
*Experience above was completed prior to joining Clark Hill Strasburger.
- Presenter, “An In-Depth Analysis and Discussion of Current Trends and Issues in Alternative Payment Models,” American Health Lawyers Association Conference (February 2017)
- Presenter, "Non-Physician Practitioners and Medicare Billing," American Health Lawyers Association Conference (February 2015)
- Presenter, "HIPAA Planning for the Physician Office," Southeast Texas Rheumatology Association (October 2014)
- Presenter, "HIPAA and Pandemic Planning," Lubbock Dispute Resolution Seminar (October 2014)
- Presenter, "HIPAA Matters," Rice University Jones School of Business (April 2014)
- Presenter, "PODS: The Latest Developments with Physician-Owned Distributorships," American Health Lawyers Association Educational Call (2014)
- Presenter, "Mid-Level Providers: Best Practices for Compliance and Operations in the Hospital and Physician Office Settings," American Health Lawyers Association Conference (2014)
- Presenter, "Physician Owned Distributorships," Texas Ambulatory Surgical Center Conference (2013)
- Presenter, "HB300," Rice University Jones School of Business (April 2013)