Malachy Kearney advises domestic and international clients on the establishment and operation of Irish regulated funds, together with associated investment and regulatory matters.
He has extensive experience advising funds, promoters, and service providers on asset management including the establishment, authorisation, and operation of all types of Irish investment funds. He also has significant expertise in UCITS fund creation and regulation as well as market leading experience in Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) such as hedge, funds of funds, real estate, infrastructure and private equity funds.
Malachy has a wealth of experience in private equity from five jurisdictions including London and the Cayman Islands and from advising under different funds’ regulatory regimes. Malachy also advises his clients on corporate matters emanating from investment funds such as seed and venture capital raising and private equity.
Law Society of Ireland
Law Society of Northern Ireland
Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
State Bar Licenses
- Advising a UK investment manager on the establishment and authorisation of its long/short equity UCITS Fund.
- Advising on the establishment of the first ICAV in the Irish Government’s mortgage to rent initiative with a 500 unit target.
- Advising a Singaporean multi-national on the structuring and establishment of their first ICAV focusing on investment in Irish property and property-related assets.
- Advising a venture capital fund on structuring, capital raising and deployment.
- Advising a dominant European real estate company on the establishment of its first Qualifying Investor platform offering.
- Advising on structuring a pan-European fund which will focus on retail acquisition.
- Advising on a social housing ICAV which will utilise public and private investment.