M. Edward Burdzinski
M. Edward Burdzinski represents clients in commercial real estate finance, entity formation, real estate sales and acquisitions, commercial contracts, and general business matters.
Ed has provided legal services to businesses and individuals for more than 30 years, including 12 years as general counsel of a community bank. He delivers commercial loan documentation for financial institutions, including commercial construction, real estate, and asset-based credit facilities. Clients value Ed’s advice, and he negotiates with borrower representatives, title companies, and other parties, moving the transaction to closing while protecting the lender’s interests. Ed also shares advice and documentation for financial institutions in the areas of operations and credit facility enforcement.
Small business owners rely on Ed’s guidance in choosing the best form of entity. He customizes documentation to create and maintain his clients’ particular business establishment, and he drafts buy-sell agreements between business owners. Business owners also look to Ed for his counsel, negotiation skills, and experience in drafting commercial contracts to help their business grow and prosper. He negotiates and drafts purchase and sale agreements and related documents for clients buying or selling their closely held business.
In the area of real estate, Ed counsels clients and negotiates purchases, sales, and leases for a wide variety of property, including residential, commercial strip centers, office buildings, and industrial facilities.
Ed guides individuals and couples looking to preserve and pass on their estates, including providing counsel and documentation to deal with end of life issues.
Financial institutions ask Ed to train their teams via webinars and on-site training for loan officers and their assistants concerning the loan formation process and collections. Ed also facilitates seminars for operations personnel and executives on such topics as account opening and closing, garnishments, and vendor contracts, to name a few. He is often engaged to educate realtors and real estate investors through customized seminars of interest.
Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International via Bellaire/Southwest Houston Rotary Club
Houston Bar Association
Southwest Association of Bank Counsel (formerly, Texas Association of Bank Counsel)
Board Member, Southwest Association of Bank Counsel
Board Member and Chairman, Corporate Counsel Section of the Houston Bar Association
Bellaire Business Association, Founding Board Member
State Bar Licenses
- Presenter, “Resolving M&M Liens After Foreclosure,” Southwest Association of Bank Counsel (SWABC) 43rd Annual Convention (September 2019)
- Author and Presenter, “Representing Sellers or Buyers of Bank Owned Foreclosed Properties,” Keller Williams Professionals (June 2019)
- Author and Presenter, “Effects of Death and Divorce on Real Estate,” Keller Williams Professionals (April 2019)
- Speaker, “Estate Planning and Probate Fundamentals,” Pre-Retirement Employee Planning Seminar, LifeSpan Services, Inc. (October 2018)
- Author and Presenter, “Lending to a Series LLC,” Southwest Association of Bank Counsel (formerly, Texas Association of Bank Counsel) (September 2018)
- Author and Presenter, “TABC Webinar Series: Resolving M&M Liens After Foreclosure,” Texas Association of Bank Counsel (August 2018)
- Author and Panelist, “TABC Webinar Series, Banking 101: Collection Actions,” Texas Association of Bank Counsel (April 2018)
- Author and Presenter, “Resolving M&M Liens on Bank-Owned Foreclosed Properties,” Texas Association of Bank Counsel Annual Convention, Austin, Texas (September 2017)
- Author and Presenter, “Representing Seller or Buyers of Bank-Owned Foreclosed Properties,” Keller Williams Professionals, Spring, Texas (September 2017)
- Author and Presenter, “Enforcement Options on Commercial Real Estate Loans in Default,” Texas Association of Bank Counsel Annual Convention, Austin, Texas (2016)
- Panelist “Non-Bankruptcy Options After Default,” ACC Houston Chapter, Banking and Finance Practice Group, Houston, Texas (2015)
- Co-Panelist, “Hometown Banks – Acquisition and Integration,” Texas Association of Bank Counsel Annual Convention, New Orleans, Louisiana (2015)
- Panelist, “General Counsel Round Table – The Strategic Legal Department,” State Bar of Texas 13th Annual Advanced In-House Counsel Course, San Antonio, Texas