Lynn R. LevitanLynn Levitan Clark Hill
Lynn R. Levitan
Lynn R. Levitan has extensive legal experience and most recently worked for Apple Inc. as its Global Product Safety Counsel where she provided legal support to various groups responsible for development of new and existing Apple products. She was responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance for all products worldwide. She supported the product safety engineering as well as the environmental technologies teams. While at Apple, Ms. Levitan facilitated an enhanced CPSC compliant safety escalation program and oversaw pre-litigation product liability claims.
Before going in-house, Ms. Levitan worked for several law firms where her practice focused on product liability, toxic tort, environmental, and pharmaceutical/medical device litigation. She represented manufacturers and distributors of chemical and petroleum-based products, specialty chemicals and asbestos containing products in state and federal courts. She also represented manufacturers of various pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Ms. Levitan counseled corporate clients with regard to California’s Proposition 65 as well as compliance with the federal and California Occupational Safety and Health Act. She also represented a variety of clients in long term care, health care, antitrust, government contracts, labor and employment, premises liability, business and commercial, construction, eminent domain, and consumer warranty litigation cases.
Ms. Levitan’s litigation experience includes managing and defending complex, multiparty cases. She works closely with nationally recognized experts, including epidemiologists, toxicologists, industrial hygienists and oncologists, in evaluating and defending medically complex cases. Ms. Levitan has extensive experience in all aspects of litigation, including preparing, defending and taking expert witness depositions and preparing experts for trial testimony. She has significant deposition experience and complex motion practice and trial.
Ms. Levitan is committed to pro bono legal representation and served as a Director for the Los Angeles County Bar Foundation from 2009-2013. She also commits significant time working with Holocaust victims in an effort to help them obtain reparations from Germany. In addition, she routinely assists domestic violence victims obtain restraining orders.
In her spare time, Ms. Levitan likes to spend time with her husband and daughter, as well as their dog Oscar and cat Hannah. She enjoys hiking, yoga and spending time with family and friends.
Speeches, Publications and Email Alerts
- Presenter, "International Consumer Product Health & Safety Organization Annual Symposium," 2013 ICPHSO Annual Conference
- Presenter, "CPSC: Beyond Rule Making," American Apparel and Footwear Association Product Safety Council Meeting, Santa Monica, CA, July 9, 2013
- Co-Author, "ACC Wins Initial Fight in Battle to Keep BPA Off California's Proposition 65 List," ACMIE News, Vol. 3, Issue 1, June 18, 2013
- Presenter, "Assessing and Managing Human Health in the U.S. – Striking a Balance Between Costs, Benefits, Efficacy and Unintended Consequences," 23rd Annual International Conference on Soil, Water, Energy, and Air, San Diego, California, March 20, 2013
- Presenter, "The Regulatory Horizon as States Go 'Green,'" 2013 ICPHSO Annual Meeting & Training Symposium, Arlington, VA, February 27, 2013
- Co-Author, "The 'Any Exposure' Theory Round II -- Court Review of Minimal Exposure Expert Testimony in Asbestos and Toxic Tort Litigation Since 2008," Kansas Journal of Law & Public Policy, Fall 2012
- Panelist, "Fragrance Products and Chemical Risk Assessment: Spotlight on California Regulations," International Fragrance Association North America Webinar, December 4, 2012