Lee PolsonLee Polson Clark Hill
Lee Polson has 40 years experience in securities and corporate practice. His practice includes representation of issuers in new offerings of securities and in compliance with the reporting requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. counsels businesses on structuring new enterprises, shareholders' and partners' agreements, venture financing, restructuring and reorganizations, and acquisitions and dispositions of assets. He also represents securities broker-dealers in regulatory examinations and enforcement matters before the SEC, FINRA, and state securities regulators.
Lee began his legal career with the Texas State Securities Board in 1974, where he served as an enforcement attorney, general counsel, director of enforcement and as deputy securities commissioner from 1981 to 1985. He entered private practice in Austin in 1985, advising clients on securities matters. In 1987, Lee moved to Washington, D.C., where he served first as general counsel and then executive director of the North American Securities Administrators Association from 1987 to 1992. In 1992, he returned to Austin to resume the private practice of securities law. In 2001, Lee joined Strasburger & Price, LLP as a partner.
- FINRA's ConsolidatedæSupervision Rules, Austin Compliance Roundtable (May 2014)
- The Intersection of Bankruptcy and Securities, 15th Annual Advanced Business Bankruptcy Law Seminar (1997)
- Reciprocity and Market Access Issues for Financial Services, ABA'sæBusiness Law Section Seminar (1992)
- Co-author with Alana Parker. Texas Opens its Doors to Crowdfunding, Strasburger Securities Law Newsletter (June 2014)
- Co-Author with Liz Polk. SEC Eliminates the Prohibition on General Solicitation and General Advertising in Rule 506 and 144A Offerings, Strasburger's News Alert (July 2013)
- JOBS Act Update: SEC Will Miss Deadline for Public Solicitation Rules; Announces August 22 Public Hearing, Strasburger Banker's Alert (2012)
- Co-author with Lori Ann Foerstch. Special Report: Federal JOBS Act Seeks Relief from Securities Regulation of Smaller Businesses, Strasburger Banker's Alert (May 2012)
- Development of Corporate Governance in the Context of "Full Disclosure" in the United States, 10 United States - Mexico Law Journal 135 (Spring 2002)