Lauren AndersonLauren Anderson Clark Hill
Lauren E. Anderson is Senior Counsel in the Banking & Financial Services group in Clark Hill’s Chicago office. Lauren focuses her practice on commercial real estate and lending and has experience representing commercial banks, developers, and major institutional lenders in a wide variety of loan and real estate transactions. Recognizing the complex and changing world of real estate and finance, Lauren works to provide creative solutions to her clients while also maximizing efficiencies, and always balancing the importance of closing the deal against the risks to her clients, whether developer or lender.
Prior to joining Clark Hill, Lauren counseled regional lenders in the Midwest and Pacific Northwest, handling numerous real estate and construction matters, including financing for apartments, condominiums, office buildings, shopping centers, and single-family home subdivisions; drafting and negotiating loan documents, purchase agreements, and leases; and performing extensive due diligence, including title and survey review and revisions. She also assisted in the representation of a national lender in connection with homebuilder loan transactions, takedowns, and modifications.
Recent Representational Transactions:
- Represented a commercial bank in connection with four loan transactions, in the aggregate amount of approximately $47 million, for the construction of retail centers in Indiana and Wisconsin.
- Sole associate representing a developer with respect to an acquisition loan of approximately $8 million for the redevelopment of three industrial buildings with 1.3 million sq. ft. on approximately 15 acres of land.
- Participated in representation of a major institutional lender on multiple loan transactions, each approximately $20 million, for the construction of single family homes throughout Colorado.
- Represented the lead lender with respect to a $25 million loan for the development of twenty-five apartment buildings with 203 units in northern Indiana.
- Drafted and negotiated multiple SBA 504 loan transactions.
- Represented the lead lender in a syndicated loan to a developer for the construction of a thirty-three (33) story, 265 unit apartment building with retail space and parking in Chicago, Illinois.
- Participated in representation of a commercial bank in connection with loan transactions of approximately $9.5 million for the refinance, construction and acquisition of various car dealerships throughout Illinois.
- Assisted with representation of a lender regarding loans to charter schools for the City of Chicago, including review of documents related to bond financing and subordinated loans.
- Sole associate regarding approximately $15 million of loans to a manufacturing company and its affiliates secured by all assets of the borrower and numerous real estate properties.
- Represented the lead lender in connection with a syndicated C&I loan of approximately $23 million for the acquisition of a 142,000 square foot industrial building and the refinance of existing debt.
- Drafted purchase agreements for fast-food chain in Chicago, Illinois.
- Reviewed and negotiated purchase agreements for student-housing developments in Evanston, Illinois.