Laura BrunassoLaura Brunasso Clark Hill
Laura Brunasso assists clients in a variety of complex construction matters including claims for and against construction professionals including project-related issues such as payment, scope of work, and contract disputes as well as counseling clients on contract modifications and risk management.
Drawing on her experience in private practice, a privately held construction company, and an international engineering, design and construction firm’s program office for a public community college system, she brings keen analytical and technical acumen to complex construction matters with a practical and commercial approach which recognizes the solution to any matter must make business sense to the parties.
- Developed education and training program for client’s construction, sales and contracts administration staff focusing on modification of targeted contract provisions addressing risk transfer, indemnification, insurance coverage, payment, and scope of work issues.
- Drafted, reviewed and negotiated master agreements, project agreements, subcontractor agreements, real estate leases, confidentiality agreements, and professional services agreements.
- Successfully obtained insurance coverage for an accidental chemical spill at a construction site saving the subcontractor $126,000 charge by general contractor for clean-up costs and reducing contractor’s out-of-pocket cost to $15,000 policy deductible.
- Acted as Claims Manager in construction management program office for public tertiary education multi-billion dollar bond-financed construction program covering 9 campuses.
- Created a contract terms checklist for use by client’s business development and contracts administration staff to increase efficiency in processing contracts for new clients, reducing the processing time by 60%.
- As in-house counsel for construction subcontractor designed and implemented claims database, Self-Insured Retention tracking system, metrics for assessing performance of external counsel, and annual litigation forecast based on ten-year rolling annual revenues earned and number of lawsuits per client.
- Provided legal and business advice to client’s internal departments including sales, marketing, operations, and human resources to implement corporate business plan and risk management strategies including formation of corporate entities, contract negotiation strategies, contract signing authority, business processes, field operations, insurance and licensing requirements.