Kristin G. BagullKristin Bagull Clark Hill
Kristin G. Bagull
Kristin G. Bagull is a skilled estate planning and taxation lawyer who advises clients on all aspects of asset protection, disability planning, business succession planning, taxation, and corporate matters. She regularly assists clients on a wide range of trust and guardianship litigation matters; and prepares complex estate and gift tax returns as well as income tax returns for estates, trusts, and individuals.
Kristin counsels both individual and corporate fiduciary clients and other professional advisors on a wide range of complex trust and estate administration issues. She also assists with individual, estate and business audits at both the state and federal level.
In addition, Kristin is experienced in representing clients in the formation and reformation of legal entities, and in drafting buy-sell, employment and partnership agreements as well as sophisticated operating agreements and phantom stock plans.
- Drafting sophisticated estate plans that included lifetime qualified terminable interest property (QTIP) trusts, generation skipping trusts, intentionally defective grantor trusts, private foundations and prenuptial agreements.
- Preparing complex trust accountings, estate and gift tax returns, and income tax returns for estates, trusts and individuals on an annual basis.
- Developing strategies for negotiating with the IRS during individual audits.
- Counseling non-U.S. citizens on various international planning needs.
- Assisting in tax controversies before the United States Tax Court.
- Handling probate administrations.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Author, Estate Planning Newsletter (Vol. 1, No. 1, April 2012)
- Author, California Business Law Confidential (March 2012)
- Speaker, End-of-Life Planning and Settling the Estate
- Speaker, Getting Organized and Understanding Your Estate Plan
- Speaker, Protecting Assets, Estate Planning and Financial Planning