Karen O'BrienKaren O'Brien Clark Hill
Karen O'Brien is an Associate Solicitor in the Litigation Department and the Corporate Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice in the Dublin Office.
Karen has wide and varied experience in commercial and contractual disputes across all jurisdictions of the Courts, particularly those falling within the remit of the Commercial Court. Additionally, she has acted in Liquidations and Examinerships on behalf of Companies, Petitioners, Liquidators and Examiners.
Non-contentious areas of interest include licensing and applications under the Companies Acts.
Karen is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/EU)
Having obtained a Bachelor of Commerce in University College Dublin, Karen trained in a boutique litigation firm prior to qualifying as a Solicitor.
- Experience in acting on behalf of a wide range of clients including individual and corporate bodies, both Plaintiff and Defendant
- Acted in a variety of complex cases in the High Court and Commercial Court including IP infringement, shareholder disputes (oppression), breach of contract, high value debt recovery, bank disputes, specific performance, defamation and professional negligence
- Extensive experience in conducting large scale Discovery projects
- Providing results-driven strategic advices to clients on legal issues
- Wide-ranging experience in District, Circuit and High Court Litigation including:
- Personal Injury/Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Debt Collection
- Bank overcharging disputes
- Acting for debtors in High Court Summary Proceedings arising from disputes with Banks and other financial institutions
- Employment Law – Acted for both employees and employers in a number of WRC actions
- Involved drafting pleadings and all aspects of Court procedure including Court advocacy
- Member of team providing ongoing advisory services to the Official Assignee in Bankruptcy
- Advising clients on, and implementing insolvency options including compulsory liquidations, members' and creditors' voluntary liquidations, personal insolvency and bankruptcy
- Advising liquidators on legal issues arising from company liquidations and acting in ancillary proceedings including contempt and fraudulent trading proceedings