Joshua A. QuinonesJoshua Quinones Clark Hill
Joshua A. Quinones
Joshua Quinones, a Member in Clark Hill’s Los Angeles office, brings more than two decades of experience in the areas of toxic tort, product liability, transportation, and general liability to his litigation clients. Having first-chaired many jury trials, he is prepared to tackle all aspects of litigation from start to finish, including complex biological, scientific, technical and medical issues. Joshua is experienced in catastrophic accident response, from investigations and evidence preservation, to pre-trial strategy and depositions, to trial, appeal, and settlement.
As defense counsel for oil companies in California, Joshua has worked in and around refineries in Southern California including Los Angeles, Long Beach and Bakersfield. He represents clients in matters involving explosions, toxic exposure, and other tort liability, including allegations of terminal disease, catastrophic injury, brain injury, burns or wrongful death claims.
Based on his background defending refineries and other oil companies, Joshua has developed a practice representing contractors in commercial claims in construction and operations involving refineries in the areas of processes and controls, tank de-gassing, and overall safety concerns.
Joshua has also defended chemical and product manufacturers, premises owners, and transportation and trucking companies and their drivers, with a growing emphasis on non-emergency medical transport vehicles.
He has many years of experience defending automobile manufacturers under the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act. Joshua has successfully defended dozens of chemical and product manufacturers against claims of defective design, manufacture and inadequacy of warnings. He has defended numerous homeowners associations (HOAs) and commercial property owners against habitability and environmental claims, including mold, lead, asbestos and other toxic chemical exposures.
- Presenter, “Investigation and Defense of Carbon Monoxide Exposure Claims”, May 17, 2017
- Presenter, "Is the Wave of Marijuana Legalization All Smoke? A Practical Look", CLM Orange County Chapter Education & Networking Event, April 20, 2017
- Co-author, Environmental Law Newsletter, January 2017
- "EPA Proposed TCE Ban"
- Co-author, Environmental Law Newsletter, December 2016
- "California Supreme Court Validates Secondary Exposure Claims over Strong Opposition from Defense Groups"
- "Gold Diggers Forced to Find New Method for Mining Legitimate Claims"