Jordan S. Bolton
Jordan S. Bolton represents clients nationwide in high-stakes litigation. He manages risks and resolves disputes arising out of client operations in a variety of industries, including automotive, construction, financial services, franchise, health care, manufacturing, private equity, real estate, retail, technology, and transportation.
Jordan helps business leaders, in-house counsel, and individuals remove barriers to success by providing creative dispute resolution and transactional services, both within and outside state and federal tribunals across the country.
Jordan serves as lead trial lawyer in dozens of high-profile and high-risk matters, regularly representing clients in “bet the company” litigation and cases involving significant exposure. Jordan serves clients in litigation pending in dozens of state and federal courts, and has substantial experience litigating matters in Michigan’s business courts.
Additionally, Jordan maintains a robust outside general counsel practice for his clients who have varied legal needs but are not yet ready for in-house counsel.
As a result of his reputation for creative dispute resolution, Jordan’s colleagues also frequently select him to serve as a mediator and arbitrator.
Prior to joining Clark Hill, Jordan gained significant courtroom experience holding positions with Judge George C. Steeh of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, the Free Legal Aid Clinic, and the 46th District Court of Southfield, Michigan.
Named among The Best Lawyers in America® for Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Banking and Finance (2021-2022)
Selected to the Michigan Super Lawyers list (2021)
- Selected to “Top 50 Business Attorneys” list
- Selected to “Top 100 Attorneys” list
dBusiness Top Lawyer (2021)
Martindale-Hubbell “AV Preeminent” Rated
Avvo “10/10 Superb” Rated
Busiest Litigators in Michigan, Crain’s Detroit Business
Legal Aid and Defenders’ Pro Bono Attorney of the Year
American Bar Association
Federal Bar Association – Eastern District of Michigan
State Bar of Michigan (Judicial Tenure Commission nominee, Judicial Qualifications Committee, Character and Fitness Committee, U.S. Courts Committee, Bar Foundation Life Fellow)
Oakland County Bar Association
Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association (Barrister)
Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors)
Knollwood Country Club (Board of Directors, Executive Board)
Prosecutors Foundation for the Kids (Board of Directors)
Detroit Economic Club
State Bar Licenses
- Obtained the largest judgement in Michigan in 2014 in a fraud and civil RICO action on behalf of municipal client in the amount of $120,000,000 and successfully defended that judgment through bankruptcy proceedings.
- Served as a Special Assistant Attorney General in connection with the Flint water litigation.
- Prosecuted a fraud and civil RICO action on behalf of a manufacturer, inclusive of a finding of entitlement to significant monetary and other relief as a result of defendants’ spoliation of evidence.
- Prosecuted a trademark action on behalf a healthcare provider, resulting in immediate grant of a temporary restraining order, followed by capitulation by our opposition prior to hearing on request for preliminary injunction.
- Prosecuted a right of celebrity and trademark action on behalf of an All Star Detroit Red Wing, resulting in immediate grant of injunctive relief, followed by capitulation by our opposition.
- Defended a bet-the-company federal trade secrets action, resulting in dismissal of all claims with prejudice, and an award of attorneys’ fees and costs in favor of our client.
- Prosecuted several supply chain disputes on behalf of suppliers at varying levels, resulting in granting of a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction, followed by recovery of every dollar of alleged damages, plus attorneys’ fees, and costs.
- Defended a bet-the-company shareholder dispute, resulting in dismissal of all claims with prejudice on opening motion, affirmation of decision by the intermediate appellate court, and rejection of a request for leave to appeal to the Supreme Court.
- Prosecuted a series of trade secret and non-compete matters on behalf of a client for whom Jordan serves as outside general counsel, resulting in recovery of injunctive relief and monetary damages.
- Defended hundreds of actions involving claims arising under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, and similar statutes, including obtaining stipulated dismissal of a putative bet-the-company class action on claims brought under the FDCPA on behalf of various credit reporting agencies, debt collectors, publishers, and attorneys.
- Jordan S. Bolton One of Five Named to Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber Board of Directors, January 26, 2017
- Jordon S. Bolton Featured in Detroit Legal News: Time Tested… Daunting Schedule Proves to Liking of Area Attorney, April 2016
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly: Clark Hill Attorneys Recognized for Securing Largest Judgment in Michigan – January 2015
- Oakland County Legal News: Jordan S. Bolton Receives Legal Aid and Defender Association 2014 Pro Bono Attorney of the Year Award – December 2014
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly: Pension Funds Get $119M in Fraud, Conversion Action – September 2014
- The Detroit News: Judge Orders Retailer to Stop Trading on Datsyuk’s Name, Likeness – February 2013