Jessica Milligan counsels public school districts in all aspects of labor and employment law, including collective bargaining, contract interpretation, grievance arbitrations, and unfair labor practices. She works closely with school administrators in matters related to employee hiring, evaluations, misconduct investigations, discipline and termination, workplace discrimination and harassment, and employee leave and accommodation requests.
Jessica also defends public employers in state and federal court involving claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and Title VII.
Prior to joining Clark Hill, Jessica advised school districts throughout both Michigan and Illinois on labor and employment matters.
American Bar Association
Illinois Bar Association
Illinois Council of School Attorneys
Michigan Bar Association
National Council of School Attorneys
State Bar Licenses
- Contributing author, “Employment Discrimination,” School Law: Personnel and Student Issues, IICLE (2021 Edition)
- Navigating Payroll Laws: Wages and Recordkeeping Requirements, Illinois Association of School Business Officials (September 2021; March 2021; March 2020)
- Collective Bargaining Strategies and Tips, Illinois Community College Trustees Association Annual Convention (June 2021)
- Employee Misconduct Investigations and Discipline During a Pandemic: Best Practices to Minimize Employer Liability, Illinois Association of School Personnel Administrators Annual Conference (January 2021)
- Leave and Accommodation Rights in the COVID-19 Workplace, Illinois Council of School Attorneys and Illinois Association of School Boards (October 2020)
- Free Speech on Campus, Illinois Community College Chief Student Service Officers (March 2020)