Janet TarrantJanet Tarrant Clark Hill
Janet Tarrant specialises in all aspects of Property Law including Acquisitions, Disposals, Commercial Landlord and Tenant matters (Office, Retail and Industrial Leases), Property Developments and Investment Transactions and Private Property.
- Advising domestic and international investors, financial institutions, developers, retailers and owners/occupiers in relation to a full range of property transactions including commercial, industrial, office and retail units;
- Advising and negotiating investment sales and acquisitions, commercial property portfolio transfers, mergers, joint ventures, sale and lease transactions, property based lending, property development and investment transactions, re-structuring, security, enforcement and tax based deals;
- Advising stakeholders, insolvency practitioners, creditors, directors, shareholders and investors in sale and purchase of property including assets of distressed business;
- Investigation of titles, preparing reports on title, drafting and negotiating complex contracts for sale; agreements for lease, leases, tenancy agreements, licences, guarantees, rent deposit agreements and all commercial conveyancing documents;
- Advising and negotiating loan agreements, security documents, charges, debentures, guarantees and restructuring agreements;
- Drafting and negotiating all transactional documentation for private M&A deals, share purchase agreements, business sale agreements, property due diligence and preparing Reports on Title;
- Singlehandedly managed the largest ever land sale transaction in Ireland when advising Smurfit Natural Resources on sale of lands to Coillte in a previous role.
- Drafting and advising developers, funders, investors, contractors, designers and landlords in respect of complex acquisitions, lettings, re-structuring, security and tax based deals;
- Advising developers in relation to site assembly, financing, structuring, letting and disposal of retail, commercial and mixed use developments;
- Drafting and negotiating loan agreements and security documents;
- Advising in relation to planning, building regulations, environmental law and health and safety regulations;
- Drafting and negotiating documentation for set up of mixed use/multi-unit scheme developments.
- Advising in respect of real estate finance, structures and transactions;
- Advising on general anti avoidance provisions;
- Advising on Capital Tax implications to include advice on CGT, CAT, VAT and Stamp Duty in respect of commercial property and construction transactions.