George T. Brandon
Business Unit Director
George Brandon is an experienced management, business development, and IT professional with over thirty years of law firm and related legal experience. He has worked with over 150 law firms, including some of the largest international firms in the world.
George has very strong interpersonal skills and a career built on developing operational excellence within professional service firms. Areas of specialization include management processes, budgeting, planning, business development, strategic initiatives, and maximizing the use of technology. The title “Partnership Development Leader” was created specifically for him at Morris Polich & Purdy, as it describes exactly what he is renowned for–developing partnerships, stabilizing business, and increasing business levels and profitability. George implements strategies and key initiatives in alignment with the Firm’s goals and objectives. The Managing Partner describes George as “one of MPP's competitive advantages.”
George’s specific experience includes serving as Chief Marketing Officer for a U.S.-based law firm, serving as Marketing Director for a top international law firm based in the U.K., and directing consulting services for a leading international provider of financial, law practice management, and marketing applications. Prior to joining Denton Hall, for twelve years George was the Chief Operating Officer for the leading accounting body for public sector accountants in the U.K. George still regularly consults on software solutions for the professional services industry.
George is a Fellow of the College of Law Practice Management, Institute of Administrative Management, as well as a qualified member of the Chartered Management Institute and the British Institute of Facilities Management. He also served as a member of the California State Bar Association Technology Committee for three years.
- "The Mobile Office Arrives: Six Questions to Help Select the Best Mobile Devices for You," October 13, 2014
- "Test driving the iPad2 - can it replace the laptop?" Los Angeles Daily Journal
- "The world of mobile devices is changing...are you ready to move on?" Los Angeles Daily Journal
- Quoted in "Firm Maximizes International Relations" by Susan McRae, Los Angeles Daily Journal, January 4, 2011
- "The Business Development Express is About to Leave the Station – Will You Be On It?" Law Practice TODAY, ABA Law Practice Management Section webzine
- "Social Networking Web 2.0 - Professionals are Beginning to Recognize the Benefits," College of Law Practice Management Journal