Ellisse S. Thompson
Ellisse Thompson litigates product liability matters by defending manufacturers of hunting, outdoor, and recreational products, including treestands, guns, bows, crossbows, arrows, and safety harnesses.
Prior to joining Clark Hill, Ellisse gained experience working at one of Michigan’s largest law firms where her practice concentrated on premises and retail liability, product liability, motor vehicle no-fault liability, and motor vehicle negligence. She also served as an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Northville where she prosecuted misdemeanor and ordinance violations in the 52nd District Court. In addition, Ellisse worked as a judicial intern for the Honorable Nancy G. Edmunds at the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Pro Bono Recognition Award for the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2014
American Inn of Court
Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
Grosse Pointe Woods Foundation
Lakeshore Bar Association, Vice President
National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution
State Bar of Michigan
Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
State Bar Licenses
- In a premises liability matter on behalf of a major retailer, successfully drafted and argued a dispositive motion asserting that plaintiff’s failure to disclose a potential cause of action in her personal bankruptcy proceedings precluded standing to bring the lawsuit.
- Successfully represented an interested party in a contested guardianship proceeding involving an adult ward of the state, resulting in visitation rights being granted and positioning the client for potential full guardianship.
- Assisted in defending a high exposure jail suicide case with responsibility for researching issues related to a successful motion for summary judgment including denial of medical treatment, failure to train, gross negligence, and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- Assisted in the defense of a complex contractual indemnity claim by drafting a motion for partial summary disposition that ultimately helped resolve the matter for a nominal amount
- Defended indigent clients in foreclosure proceedings.
- Successfully defended a prisoner’s lawsuit by drafting a motion to dismiss and/or motion for summary judgment regarding failure to exhaust administrative remedies and failure to establish an Eighth Amendment violation.