Drake LawsageDrake Lawsage Clark Hill
Drake Lawsage is a litigator who represents clients in both state and federal court on a variety of matters, including complex commercial disputes, tort litigation, energy litigation and personal injury matters. He has experience in representing global corporations defend against contractual and tort disputes, as well as assisting clients in pursuing their own legal claims. Prior to joining Strasburger, Drake served as a special prosecutions legal intern for the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Southern District of Texas.
- Prosecuted and obtained summary judgment on a $350,000 breach of contract claim on behalf of international construction and engineering company.
- Defended an international compressor manufacturer in federal court and obtained summary judgment on warranty and breach of contract claims brought by one of the world's largest oil field services companies.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of Texas based stabilized materials company in lawsuit brought by landowner claiming trespass and conversion of property.
- Negotiated and obtained favorable settlement withdrawing all live claims brought against Texas scrap metal recycling and waste handling company.
- In lawsuit arising from a compressor failure at an ammonia plant, prosecuted breach of contract and warranty claims on behalf of a global engineering and construction company against one of the world's largest compressor manufacturers.
- Defended health care group against claims brought by ex-member alleging health care group breached partnership agreement by withholding certain payments.
- Defended health care group against claims brought by marketing company alleging that the breach of a services agreement resulted in substantial damages.
- Managed and coordinated major electronic document production project on behalf of a global engineering and construction company.
- Obtained default judgment on behalf of major bulk container supplier against plastic supply company. Drake's innovative arguments resulted in substantial increase in judgment amount owed to client.
- Assisted in both bringing and pursuing derivative claims against closely-held corporations.
- Part of trial team that obtained a favorable judgment on behalf of a well service provider in a case seeking multi-million dollar damages based on allegations of breach of contract.
- Defended horizontal drilling company in catastrophic injury case on drilling rig in west Texas.
- Represented Texas based commercial companies against personal injury claims arising from motor vehicle accidents while employees were in the scope of employment.
- Defended national outdoor retailer against personal injury claim arising from product sold at Texas based store.