Debra G. HatterDebra Hatter Clark Hill
Debra G. Hatter
For over 20 years, Debra Gatison Hatter has focused her practice on corporate securities, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic partnerships, financings, corporate governance, structuring, compliance and general business matters. Debra represents private equity funds, public companies and privately held businesses in the energy, technology, retail and industrial services industries, among others. Debra regularly delivers practical, results-focused advice related to domestic and international matters. Her experience includes representing investors and sellers of businesses with a significant focus on technology assets and organizing joint ventures and other strategic partnering arrangements, including the governance aspects of these transactions. She also counsels clients on premerger regulatory compliance and filings under the competition laws (HSR Act) in U.S. based and cross-border transactions.
- Representing Oil States International in several acquisitions of oilfield service companies.
- Representing small publicly traded energy company in its merger and recapitalization of the company with a private equity investment and acquisition financing to acquire a privately held energy company and the purchase of additional assets.
- Representing retail energy provider's Special Committee of Board of Directors in acquisitions and financings.
- Representing publicly traded MLP in its divestiture of a minority interest in Utica Shale midstream joint venture.
- Representing private investment funds in restructuring and reorganization of trust company and its affiliates.
- Representing energy private equity sponsor in formation, organization and initial funding of portfolio company with E&P focus.
- Representing private equity fund co-sponsor in its initial leveraged buyout and purchase transaction and subsequent recapitalization of a decorative pillows and window coverings designer and manufacturer.
- Representing Halliburton Energy Services in its acquisition of an oil well data testing and analysis services company.
- Representing public international full service restaurant chain in acquisition of minority interest in Korean restaurants.
- Representing public international telecommunications company in acquisitions of FCC wireless spectrum licenses from private sellers in markets across the nation.
- Representing public international telecommunications company in warrant investments in connection with strategic transactions.
- Representing Waste Management, Inc., in a strategic equity investment in Peninsula Compost Company, LLC, which operates a composting facility
- Representing Waste Management, Inc., in a majority equity investment in Garick, LLC which operates an organics recycling and composting company.
- Representing Halliburton Energy Services, Inc. in its acquisition of an oilfield wireline services and equipment rental company.
- Representing Geokinetics, Inc. in its purchase of onshore seismic and multiclient library business of Petroleum GeoServices Onshore, Inc.
- Representing Waste Management and its subsidiaries in a rollup transaction by its contribution of assets and properties of two joint ventures to 1-800-Pack-Rat, LLC. Waste Management led the negotiations as a result of receiving a majority equity interest in 1-800-Pack-Rat, LLC along with board control. The transaction included the simultaneous contribution of assets and properties in exchange for equity by six other joint venture partners and franchisees to 1-800-Pack-Rat, LLC.
- Representing bondholders of national restaurant chain in corporate restructuring.
- Representing seller of multiunit developer of retail mattress chain to pre-IPO private equity fund portfolio company in reorganization and merger and creation of new entity.
- Represented a leading party good retailer in its sale and refranchising of numerous company owned locations.
- Represented an international convenience store and fuel retailer in its acquisition of over 60 sites.
- Represented a major natural foods grocer in the structuring and negotiation of a strategic alliance related to organic baked goods.
- A Look at Board Duties and Conflicts of Interests - Corporations & LLC's, Advanced Business Law Course, State Bar of Texas (November 2017)
- Nonprofit Corporate Goveranance, Corporate Counsel Women of Color (September 2017)
- Joint Ventures, State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting (June 2016)
- Smart Cities, Legal Issues Engage Excellence Program (November 2016)
- SEC's Crowdfunding Regulations Take Effect, Strasburger's Corporate & Securities Newsletter (July 2016)
- Impact Of Fall Redeterminations, Oil & Gas Financial Journal (February 2016)