David Wunderlich acts as outside general counsel to cannabis businesses and investors on the topics of business formation, entity selection, corporate governance, investment and securities issues, business transactions, mergers, acquisitions, real estate, intellectual property, and complicated cannabis regulatory issues.
David is a regular speaker at cannabis industry events and presents at continuing legal education seminars and other industry events on cannabis topics.
Colorado Bar Association
1st Judicial District Bar Association
State Bar Licenses
- Negotiated and closed dozens of mergers and acquisitions in the cannabis space including multiple transactions valued in excess of $10 million.
- Managed team of attorneys on multi-year ongoing 50-state CBD regulatory survey project as outside counsel for a Fortune 500 company.
- Drafted UDSA-approved tribal hemp cultivation plan under the 2018 Farm Bill.
- Counseled lender regarding 8-figure secured lending facilities to various marijuana industry clients.
- Defended Colorado marijuana businesses in local and state regulatory enforcement actions.
- Over eight years of experience as a lawyer for county government on tax, election law, transactional, landlord/tenant, and child advocacy issues.