David StanushDavid Stanush Clark Hill
David Stanush helps clients deal with the two inevitable things in life, death and taxes, through assisting them with estate planning, estate administration, and tax preparation matters, particularly those with federal gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer concerns.
David’s practice focuses on the interpretation and administration of the laws governing estate planning, estate administration, and federal transfer taxes. His experience encompasses:
- Provides advice to individuals on estate planning for death or incapacity. Such advice included tax planning for all federal taxes as well as inheritance and income taxes of different states and foreign countries, non-tax planning for minor children, and many other aspects of estate planning.
- Provides advice to individuals and fiduciaries in controversies with the Internal Revenue Service on audits of federal estate and gift tax returns.
- Provides advice to individual and corporate fiduciaries during the administration of decedent's estates, guardianship estates, and trusts, included the preparation of federal estate tax returns, probate inventories and accountings, as well as advice on funding of bequests.
- Provides advice to beneficiaries of estates and trusts to determine and enforce their rights as beneficiaries.
- Handles litigation matters involving estates, guardianships, and trusts from the standpoints of both the fiduciary and the beneficiary. Such matters included, but are not limited to, participation in numerous trials in the Courts of the State of Texas as well as appeals of trial court decisions to the Appellate Courts of the State of Texas.
- Provides advice to fiduciaries and beneficiaries of trusts and estates as well as in divorce and marital planning situations on the proper characterization under Texas law of property as either separate or community property of a married couple.
David is Board Certified in Estate Planning & Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, is a Certified Public Accountant licensed in the State of Texas, and is a Fellow in the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.